Super Smash Bros. Melee Discussion

I feel like this is the best way to play if you are competing. However, when I play I like to have some randomness in there and it is always good to have a good times with the items. But yes if you are competing and want to see who is best, then pick final destination with no items.

Oh and I forgot hyrule temple. Gret stage.

Mmmmmm I don’t think final destination is the only stage that’s fit for competitive play. Rather, I’m sure of it. See, it’s a flat stage with no frills or quirks, so it must be as fair as possible right? Not necessarily. Some characters have advantages on this stage. For example, Ice Climbers. Ice Climbers want to stay away from platforms because their biggest strength is their grabs (watch Wobbles vs Lord Evo2013). So, characters that benefit from platforms will be at a disadvantage. Other stages include Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Yoshi’s Story, Pokemon Stadium, and Fountain of Dreams. I used to think Final Destination was the most fair, for pretty sure the entire time I played Melee until I took a look at competitive play.

Items are good fun though. Especially pokeballs since they can hold immense power or utter uselessness (Goldeen, you have failed me).

OMG That stage takes forever because its so hard to die on the bottom level of the stage -.-

Hold that thought on Kirby until you see Mango’s kirby. Mango makes any low tier character seem like a god tier character LOL

Oh gosh I know. I hate when people just run away and hide!

On corneria when we are playing with more than 2 players I will go down into that little lower part of the stage (the very right side of the stage) and just jump up and shoot over and over and over and eventually they get hit after jumping and jumping. So they kill eachother and then whoever’s left I just come and kill at the end.

That’s why you play Captain Falcon. No one can hide from him. JUST KNEE HIM TO DEATH.

My brother likes to call it “camping.” It’s worst when we’re playing a team battle. :frowning:

yeah that’s when it’s bad because as you’re wasting your health fighting off two other people the one person just waits… grr funny when I still win though hahaha

Haha that’s my strategy if I have like one or two stocks left. I just avoid all contact like they are playing tag with me lol

Here’s the clip of Mango’s Kirby, it’s mind blowing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axS3ffyTNzg

You’re comparing Mango, one of the best players to someone who really doesn’t look that good and who I haven’t heard of. Mangos knowledge of the game is what carried him there. Find a video of a Kirby beating someone like M2K or Ken or PC Chris. Kirby is bottom tier, there really isn’t any arguing that.

First of all, Lucky and Alex19 are very good players. You can check out their other matches, Lucky’s fox is great. Second of all, I never argued Kirby was low tier. That’s fact, not opinion. I’m saying Mango is good enough that Kirby can look god tier because Kirby can bair offstage similar to Puff’s. I know Kirby is dead bottom, doesn’t mean Kirby is a terrible character, just that she’s underpowered. I think her moveset is decent, it’s just that her Down B is utterly useless in competitive play while Puff’s Down B is arguably her trademark kill move.

And you’ve got to admit, that back throw finish against Shiek was plain NASTY.

Ok, so then really what this comes down to is both of us arguing similar points hahaha we’re just coming from different angles.

I’m saying that Kirby is bottom tier, which because of that makes him a “bad character”. Just because he’s a bad character doesn’t mean someone can’t use him to win. But overall, a bad character.

From what I’m gathering from your post, Kirby is still bottom tier, but can be made look good.

But my whole point I was trying to originally make is that Kirby is a bad character. That two people of equal skill or if someone was able to play themselves, and one used Kirby and the other used Fox or Marth or Falcon that the fox, Marth, or falcon would win 99 out of 100 times.

What are these “tiers” you speak of? How do you organize them?

This is the tier list based on the amount of players that play them: Tier list | Smashpedia | Fandom

Yeah, I failed to see that, dumb me. No hard feelings :slight_smile:

1 Like

No hard feelings at all :slight_smile: Just two people having a good conversation.

Hey, are you guys excited for SSB4?

No because i dont have a wii u and probably never will.