Summit Vs. Genesis

I know how to bind. i want to know the pros and cons of each yoyo, and a description of how the play is, or a short review.
Thanks ! :slight_smile:

I’ve owned both but traded my genesis and I can say that the summit was WAY better than the genesis. Not even close. The genesis is really stable and probably more stable than the summit, but it feels like a rock on the string. The summit feels better all around. If you have any detailed questions, feel free to PM me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really? The summit! Its a really good yoyo and you can change the weight with side effects. Its made by two great brands and it comes with a stick 10 ball breaking, and clyw aqua pads! I think he only down side is it might be a little slow…

But seriously, summit hands down, and its like way more expensive then the genesis, you know that right?

This ^ but I don’t feel that it is slow. It can be pushed to faster speeds. It’s not a speed demon tho.

Yah, but I didn’t want people to get mad… In another thread, some people said it went slow, some said fast. When I played it, I could push it pretty fast.

The side effects are a cool feature also.

I would’ve thought that the Genesis would be slower because of the weight distribution and overall weight

It is slower.

The summit is by no means slow. It doesn’t beg to be pushed but it can be fast very easily.

I don’t feel like the Genesis is a rock on a string. Yes, it’s heavier than many yoyos, but it can actually go quite fast if you want it to.

I agree it can go fast if you REALLY push it but it just feels too solid.

so heavy yo-yo’s are slow?

I think it is about shape and weight. If it is large and heavy, it will probably be slow. But a smaller throw with the same weight may be much faster. Some of my fastest moving yo-yo’s are small, heavy throws. If you are talking about changing direction quickly, I call that maneuverability. That, however, is a trade-off between weight and spin-time. Light yo-yo’s (made of a uniform material) just will not have the spin-time of a heavier yo-yo but will be much more maneuverable.

Once again, I agree. The genesis is big, heavy, and has a lot of rim weight, which causes it to be slow. It just takes more work to get it going fast.

I agree with that too. It definitely has a bit more heft. But that is what makes it so versatile for 1A and 5A.

I agree, heavy isnt slow. My BTH is the fastest yoyo I have ever touched.

Ya go with the Summit. I enjoyed the Genesis while I had it but I didn’t really know what I liked back when I had it. The Genesis plays like one of the heaviest yoyos I have ever thrown. It has insane stability and spin times but felt dead on the string (and not in a good way). It all.comes down to personal preference though. When you begin getting into professional yoyos its a lot of trial and error. IMO you gotta go threw at least 6-7 quality yoyos before you really know what suits you. Heck it took me closer to 15-20 :slight_smile: but IMO the Summit outplays the Genesis hands down. They’re both good though.