Suggestions!?

Hello,

Two questions:

• Where best to purchase yoyos online in the UK

• I own a Carpfin and an Edge, but want to buy a new ‘quality’ 1A yoyo. What would be a good suggestion, no cost restriction? I’ve seen a couple I like… a Nine Dragons, Turntable, Hummingbird and a POM Draupnir, but open to good suggestions!

Thanks

4 Likes

Yoyoexpert has the best selection and offers free international shipping on orders
$150 and up. Unfortunately the Hummingbird is currently out of stock, but I’ve heard great things about the Overdrive Draupnir.

6 Likes

Grasshopper GTX
Neo Genesis
Mayhem
CF

4 Likes

If you like a hummingbird, get a hummingbird. One will show up on a bst sooner or later.

4 Likes

I live in the UK and I frequently buy from yoyoexpert. Sure it takes a little longer to get here but the customer service is really good and anything YoYo related is worth the wait!

3 Likes

Ill also throw +1 on the Meyham

2 Likes

Do you find you have to pay custom charges?? I know they can get quite high… I paid over £20 for a DVD once…

1 Like

I have to pay it sometimes depends on who’s shipped it. Yoyoexpert tend to declare that the yoyos in the package have a low value, so that is really appreciated. But I have been stung before from another American seller that stated the yoyo as it’s true value, customs charges was like £41!

2 Likes

What if its declared as a gift? I recently sent a throw to the UK. The buyer requested i claim it as a gift to save them duties.

2 Likes

I may have to ask for them to declare as gift as I would probably buy a few yoyos, and their true value would make custom charges high!

What do people think of the Nine Dragons… I might add one to my order.

2 Likes

Yeah, definitely ask them to say it’s a gift, I’ve never asked before but they tent to always do it anyway.

It should be a rule throughout the community that all yoyo packages to be sent overseas should be valued low or declared as a gift.

I’ve considered the nine dragons in the past but I never really got on with hubstacks so I kind of dismissed it. I like the idea of it but if it’s too noisy it’ll be thrown outside along with me by my wife.

3 Likes

The lady at my post office suggested not putting a value on it at all. I left it blank. She said things seemed to get lost more frequently when people value the package. It was a nice throw so i took her advice. Made to the destination just fine.

4 Likes

So I’m making a big order, but ideally need to lose one yoyo to bring the cost to something my fiancee is happy with haha.

With one should I drop:

POM Draupinar
Nightmare
Iceberg
Nine Dragons
4A Core (I want a decent 4a yoyo so unless a better/cheaper suggestion, this stays!

Thanks

1 Like

instead of pom draup get gamma crash or triad (or even a yoyoempire tsunami)
don’t get nine dragons, maybe get overthrow
nightmare try before you buy, maybe replace with a boost
4a flight or anything really

4 Likes

Here are the current rates in the UK.

1 Like

Yeah in Spain is similar. It is a pain buying overseas…sometimes you end up paying about a 30% extra lol

If your plan is to lose one of the yoyos on your list I would definitely drop the 9 dragons. I know of a lot of people that would agree with that decision!