Subscribe to PewDiePie!

FFfFffffFfffffffffffffff

2 Likes

Didn’t that dude who killed a bunch of people in NZ want us to subscribe to this … person?

No thanks.

5 Likes

■■■■ that “guy”. He’s said some racist ■■■■ and he’s annoying looking and sounding. Just no.

3 Likes

He’s been about 20K up for weeks, maybe months now. The gap hasn’t really been widening or closing

3 Likes

Yeah now i’m on your side about this.

1 Like

The anti-Pewdiepie comments in here are pretty ignorant… Dont know whether to laugh or actually care.

4 Likes

Wait, what is pewdiepie?

2 Likes

I don’t have a dog in this fight, but I’m curious… why do folks take this stuff so personally? Defending this guy with real emotion… as if he, or anyone on YouTube for that matter, really cared about any of their subscribers beyond the revenue they generate.

4 Likes

PewDiePie is the biggest YouTube channel. He has 81 million subscribers.

2 Likes

Well, Pewds has been a pretty classic youtube channel since the early days of YT, and as far as youtube goes, he is pretty much the classic example of a gamer/individual made successful through youtube. He is THE model that any youtuber who got/gets big looks at, since he was the first to gain mainstream success through the platform. My experience is that he has always been a modest and really nice guy just trying hard to grow his channel, and despite numerous smear campaigns had still remained on top. I don’t really care if he is the “#1” on youtube, but when I see people mischaracterize and bash him based on smear campaigns or other news outlets trying to make him look bad, I feel the need to defend his honor.

In the current battle of subscribers, he represents the DIY, and the other channel represents more of a corporate mindset.

Im not sure if this makes sense; it is a lot harder to describe than I thought.

5 Likes

I guess I can kind of understand where you’re coming from. I remember, as a teenager, fiercely defending my favorite band from people (mostly mom) calling it noise. It’s only with age and perspective that I came to see that, as much as I enjoyed their music, there were other more worthwhile things to fight for; and the bands I loved could care less about me as an individual.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t enjoy his content (I personally don’t understand watching others play video games for enjoyment, whilst I myself am not playing - old guy thing I guess) but to get into heated discussions about who and what a person is or isn’t without knowing them personally seems a bit absurd. Fight for your freedoms, fight for those you love, and fight to keep what you’ve earned; but let this “guy” fight for himself.

3 Likes

I don’t think that is the same thing. People who have never even seen his content are making negative judgments about him based on news articles or comments from people who are actively out to ruin his reputation. The racist accusations are just outrageous. Im not sure why you are suggesting that standing up for somebody else is childish and that everybody should just ignore something they care about. Yes, I don’t know Felix personally, but the guys who knock him have barely seen 2 minutes of his content.

The reason why people have started to care about Pewdiepie having the most subscriptions is more symbolic than just worshiping him for his content. Pewdiepie represents the idea that anybody with a camera and an internet connection can become a very influential media source. He was the first in the new paradigm shift in modern media, and is symbolic in ways that far transcend his content. His channel became the DIY framework for practically any youtuber, and what is amazing is that mainstream television outlets would kill for his level of influence. It kinda sucks to see a big record label change the status quo. It is the equivalent of corporate takeover. I don’t think anybody is losing sleep over this issue though, it was all (mostly) in good fun.

5 Likes

I think you said it best in another post… “Because of illogical emotional attachment…” best describes how I see the rallying cry to come to this guys defense. But to each their own… so long as the assertions that this guy isn’t a racist or unconsciously spreading racist ideology are true.

2 Likes

I’m so depressed… RN

1 Like

FFFFFFFFffFFFFf

1 Like

So you’re saying that Felix is a horrible person because some horrible guy said to subscribe to him?? Is Mr. Beast a horrible person? If Hitler liked a painting by Michelangelo dose that makes Mickalenglo a horrible person?

1 Like

I’m sorry so he’s racist but calling him stupid because he’s Swedish isn’t? I’m also from Sweden and I usually don’t give a ■■■■ about mean comments but this is too far.

(Unless you’re talking about the other guy but the way your comment is phrased it seems like you’re talking about Pewds.)

1 Like

Facts^

(I just laugh unless there racist.)

1 Like

Its a mase up word.

1 Like

I just like debating stuff. I try to be respectful and am pretty chill. (Again unless it’s racist.)

2 Likes