šŸ§µ Strings šŸ§µ

Thank you so much!!! Holy crap, this just made my day.

8 Likes

Kitty fat all the way. Thinking about getting a Poloā€™s sig string for the whippieness but im undecided.

2 Likes

Wellā€¦Iā€™m convincedā€¦I just ordered an extra bunch of BadWolfeCo strings.

3 Likes

Finally a worthy opponent, our battle will be legendary.
Iā€™ll need to do another picure. Iā€™m close to a thousand i think.

2 Likes

I wanna play too!

2 Likes

I still need to try your string.

1 Like

Iā€™m a cheapskate so I use bulk 90% of the time. Cotton for fixies and poly for bearings. I recently started making of my own and itā€™s absolutely wonderful. I really encourage everyone to try it. Even though Iā€™m hardly experienced at it yet, every homemade string Iā€™ve successfully made has outlasted any Iā€™ve ever bought. Unfortunately I donā€™t have space to dedicate to a set up just to make some strings lol.

2 Likes

Sochi Fat is my go to for 1A/5A, Kitty Fat is my go to for 4A, and Kitty Normal for 2A.

I originally used Kitty XL and YYSL Plutonium, but I wanted something a little thinner and a little more whippy. YYSL Type X and Kitty Fat were too thin, so I tried a small pack of Sochi Fat and fell in love.
For me, theyā€™re fatter than most ā€œfatā€ strings, but thinner than ā€œXLā€ strings, and are the perfect amount or whippiness.
I do like to use Kitty Fat First Class for my 4A throws and some of my thinner gapped yoyos.

2 Likes

Preface: I play 1A unresponsive/semi responsive 99% of the time

Narrow gap: Zipline EP 20/20

Standard gap: Zipline Business class Lite

For sick whips: Zipline Prestige

You could say Iā€™m a bit of a fan boy, but Iā€™ve never been let down by a single zipline, and i definitely feel that boutique strings elevate the experience of yoyoing for me. Ive tried bulk, it just never works out, possibly because by contrast I enjoy Zipline so much more than anything else Iā€™ve tried.

Final note: give me a speedaholic XX and some kitty fat and I would be totally satisfied. Really nice strings are a spoil, but who doesnā€™t love spoiling themselves?

4 Likes

I mostly use YoYo String Labā€™s Type X. For me itā€™s good long lasting affordable all-rounder. Soft too.

9 Likes

Ah man, love the Mouse Trap reference! I havenā€™t thought about that movie in ages. Now I want to put that pic somewhere on my website lol

4 Likes

Kitty fat has always been my go-to. Durable, whippy enough for me, and pretty affordable in bulk.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™m glad to hear that since your strings help me get more enjoyment out of my throws! I agree 100% with what @ChrisFrancz said about how a good string really makes a yoyo shine. I hadnā€™t thought of it quite that way until he said it, but adding one of my favorite strings to a so-so yoyo really elevates it and makes it much more fun to throw. If money were no object, Iā€™d have dozens of every type, thickness, and colorway of Bad Wolfe strings so that Iā€™d have enough for every yoyo that I own :grinning:

2 Likes

So nearly a year ago this thread was heavy badwolfco but with him retiring for now what is everyone really into using now. I know Iā€™ve seen allot of people mention @p44company making some good string and thatā€™s next in my list to try when they get rolling again but what else are people still on thatā€™s available today.

2 Likes

Markmont strings are good only tried dragon and cumulus foam and I recommend both theyā€™re expensive and take forever to break in but they donā€™t lose the shape at all and feel really good to play with. Good for 1a and other unresponsive idk about other styles prolly good except for loop string. All poly

:wave:

We primarily sell via subscription so youā€™ve always got fresh strings comingā€¦ And free samples for anyone who wants them :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Neat Iā€™ll send an email about that.

1 Like

I am a lefty so Iā€™m incentivized to make my own strings just for varietyā€™s sake, but Iā€™ve found a formula I really like. I do six wraps of Gutermann silk thread and twist it from around 10ā€™2" to 9ā€™1" or so before folding and I am left with a durable and beautiful skinny string that I personally really love the feel of. Seven wraps gives a thickness more like a regular string. I just like skinny strings idk. The silk is not very springy, so itā€™s a rather rigid string. Itā€™s great for whips and slacks and it feels like it lasts a really long time. Theyā€™re pretty fun to make so I keep making new ones. I should wear some out. Usually they fail by one thread snapping in which case I throw it out before any more snap and send my yoyo off into the distance.

Iā€™ll post some pics of strings Iā€™ve made in here tomorrow probably. I might be doing a neon green dye experiment because I havenā€™t found neon green silk thread yet.

3 Likes

Im going to make a post about this soon but one of my close friends started making strings and i really like them, so i have like $150 worth of BadwolfeStrings if anyone wants to trade a throw or scoop them. All mixes of dummy thic and goldilocks plus one or two slim packs as well. I know people love these and you cant get them again so heres your chance now haha!

1 Like

I was able to buy several types of P44 strings when they were available from another online retailer in the States, but unfortunately, they were in very short supply. I personally really liked their Slim 10 and Standard 11, but the three other fatter varieties were nice too. I didnā€™t use those as often unless I was throwing a yoyo with a wider gap or slippy response, like some Thesis yoyos. The two things that really stood out to me were the thickness (or maybe I should say lack thereof since I like thinner strings) and the feel. Their soft version really is soft and super comfortable. But as much as I like it, sometimes I want a coarser string to me as it seems to hold its shape better during slacks.

I was first tempted to try their string because I really liked the Bad Wolfe Plushh which included some nylon along with the polyester. Kitty 1.5 was supposed to be the same way, and I liked that one since it was thinner and the additional nylon seemed to make it last much longer and it seemed slightly more immune to torsion. Meaning that even though the string had been twisted from doing tricks, that didnā€™t affect the yoyo as much initially, so you could get away with neutralizing it less frequently. From what I originally read the P44 string was similar in that it used 1 strand of nylon and the rest was poly.

1 Like