STRINGS!!!!!!!

Yoyo Sam Cotton Strings!!!

I recommend trying some Polyester. Cotton runs out faster, and also slows down the bearing faster when on the string.

I got some highlights but don’t like them that much b/c they run out fast. I use them for 2 hours and they are already bad!

Ok, I’ve been using the cotton strings I received with my yoyos for the past two days. Approx. 6-8 hours of play and I’ve noticed a big change in the play. Am I way overdue for a string change?

1. How often does each string type need to be replaced?

2. I have to adjust tension continuously. How does the tension hold up in the 50/50s and poly?

3. I’ve seen all crazy types of string. I want to get neon green and purple. What site has the best selection?

I apologize for all the questions, but questions are my favorite!

To answer your questions Lgoody, yes, with cotton strings you are way overdue. :-\ Cotton strings stretch and get to tight of string tension. That makes them thinner and harder to bind. Also they get dirtier faster and snaggy. About an hour or two of solid play is about as long as cottons are good for imo.

As far as string tension on 50/50’s and Poly’s, they hold up much better, again cause they are made from better materials, and don’t sucome to the streched out tension of cottons.

If you want the best selection for the price, go to yoyonation.com and check out their highlights section. Lots of colors when they are in stock and a great price. When your ready to shell out a bit more cash for a much better string, check out the G-Strings, or the Chaos strings. A bit more expensive but last longer and play better.

Hope that helped.

Also, i highly suggest trying Perfect Fit Strings. They are made to the players liking, but doesn’t kill your wallet. It is a Nylon Polyester blend, so it lasts a long time. It is some great stuff.

I use cotton string I buy at my supermarket. Plays great but needs changing once every 2 days.

i use my own string, and its 100% poly. made custom to you liking, empirestring.webs.com, check it out.

empire strings try not to bring old posts back
im not triing to make you feel bad its just that the last post in this theread was posted 2 weeks ago

I think it’s okay, gmuser, because this thread isn’t the thread that really has an end. There will always be someone else on this forum who uses some type of string. ::slight_smile: And that’s what this thread is about, seeing what strings people use.

well I didnt think about that but I agree
sorry empirestrings

its all good,

I have been using red Chaos Strings that I bought when I got my red / pewter M1. These are some of the best, most resilient, and longest lasting strings I have ever used. Now I have only used YYN Purple Passion Highlights, so that is all I have to compare with. I would eventually like to try G-Strings, I may have to buy a tester pack since there are so many different types to mess with.

G-Strings are amazing. I love the new Intentus the most, and the SSE’s next,but I have tried all of them. I am sooooo picky about new strings though that I still found myself changing G-Strings after a day or two, and at 6 bucks for 10, I do tend to lean towards the cheaper strings for everyday use. Chaos and Kitty string’s work well for a cheaper price, and the one’s from YYE store are pretty sweet too. I am getting ready to try some of Ape’s Perfect Fit strings, and from what I hear, they are great. I trust Samad’s judgement, so I am excited to try them. :slight_smile:

Ok, there is a right way and a wrong way to introduce yourself, or a new product, to the community. Necroing threads, hijacking, and spam would be the wrong way.

Can we try the right way now?