Strings and whatnot

Just curious, do you know about the length you use? I make my strings about 58", which is just under 5’ (60") because I figured that’s more than enough for most people. But if there’s a market for strings even longer than that I might be able to figure something out. Funny thing about yoyo string is even just a few inches can make a big difference, and what looks like a crazy long string could be just a short person with a few extra inches. It seems really relative, from my experience.

2 Likes

Whatever the kitty fat length is, that’s what I’ve been using. I knew the inches years ago but it’s been a while. I find these strings are just a smidge too long, which is what I need.

1 Like

Looks like they’re about 45", if I’ve found the correct thing. So that’s the threshold I’d suggest looking for. I think most string makers list the length somewhere in their “item description” area.

1 Like

you know though something that’s 42" is alot different than something that’s 45"

1 Like

Thanks big time for the tip. I don’t know why I didn’t think of trying that lol. I think it was mostly paranoia about possibly throwing my yoyo straight into the floor lol. Before tonight, i would have been lucky to be able to squeeze my hands together enough to land a triple or nothing. Now that I’ve tried a longer length I’m landing them pretty well, and now my boingy-boings and other tricks look supersized in comparison to how they flowed before lol.

1 Like

Does any use Eagle strings, and is willing to talk about them? Could anyone tell me about the types fit, wing, beak?

Everybody ding’s the floor every once and a while. I ding it at least twice a day. Some guys could tell you about playing surface that are safe. I hate grass though, the humidity outside changes the string. I’ve pushed on through the years and it’s been worth it.

2 Likes

I could it be wrong, but it appears to me they’ve sheared their string length a bit. I was used to something that stretched longer than 50" which is what the length of plutonium is when stretched… 43-45 sounds kinda short…

1 Like

I throw over a yoga mat, even though they’re thin it’s padding enough that if I hit it the yoyo doesn’t take any damage.

1 Like

Very late pass - there’s 10 formulas that range in tactile touch a good amount from formula to formula. Def consider trying Copernicus and Cumulus Foam good sir.

1 Like