String

I’m a broke 16 year old and all my strings keep breaking is there a way to make them last longer or how to make my own?

Hey dude, if your strings are breaking too frequently you might consider investing in some more expensive string, there are a lot of companies out there that make amazing string that lasts forever. I for one am addicted to TwistedStringz type B. I’ve never had one break, I had one on my throw for 2 weeks and it hadn’t even started fraying, by that time it was just getting too dirty so I swapped it out.

If you would prefer to make your own string there are many tutorials on youtube, this one hear shows a way I’ve used myself when I was desperate for some strings and didn’t have time to wait for them to get shipped to me:

Hope that helps!

Mike

home-made string is fantastic. if you experiment enough with it you can get it to match your play style just right

As far as string breaking, not really much to do about that that I know of. Do you use poly string? Usually that’ll last quite some time before it actually snaps.
if you can spare about 20 bucks, a 100 pack of kitty string will go a long, long way.

Yep, try and buy as much as possible in on go, often it will be cheaper in the long run. If you can try ringing up for and ask for a discount maybe, e.g. In the DIY shop I work at if people want say 1000 light bulbs we’ll get them in and do it cheaper for them.