MY STRING KEEPS BREAKING!!!

So I got this yo-yo from a toysRus called the Duncan “Pulse”. It is a pretty good yo-yo to get for eight bucks, but when it comes to strings, I’m cursed. Since this yo-yo cannot sleep that well, I try to throw hard to make it sleep for a while, but every time I throw the string seems to break. I have try to fix it about a million times and it is getting to be UNBEARABLE!!! Please help! :’(

What type of string do you use?

If it’s cotton, it is prone to easy string breakage. If it’s Polyester, it should last a while.

It’s cotton :frowning:
I figured that out after the first hundred times it broke. Haha!
Know of any ways to make it stronger? I have limited supplies around my house.

Buy new string? You can buy it here online, and its only 1.50 for shipping when you buy it from the phone on YYE. Also, no need to throw hard on the pulse, its like 55 grams, no rim weight, so throw regularly and you’ll get around the same spin time.

I highly suggest you go back to Toys R Us and buy a Freehand 2 (2010 edition.) Then, go on this site and buy a pack of 100 string. This should keep you going for a very very long time.

I think he doesn’t have replacement string, so each time the string breaks he just ties it back together where it broke. I made this mistake a LONG time ago when I first started :wink: . Just buy some polyester or 50/50 string right from this site and you’ll be golden.

it wont break easily if it is polyester. also make sure the string is untwisted it will break if it is twisted. one more thing make sure the string is tight on the yo-yo but not to tight.