how to fix a broken yoyo string

my string like came in two parts at the end and i cant fix it

Don’t waste time fixing it. Put a new string on there.

What yoyo were you playing? Is it new? Where did it break? Just wondering if you might need to rub down the bearing seat.

Then again, maybe this was your last string, and you need to restock.

1 Like

String will break buy lots of them, most people buy them 100 at a time.

1 Like

it kinda tore at the end, then again it was 100% cotton so it would break a little easier than poly string

Hey I bought like 100 strings and they were poly i havent broken one yet did your dm2 come with extra string

Cotton does wear out fast. 100% poly lasts longer but kinda loses it’s bounce before the string really needs to be replaced.

I buy 100 bulk strings with nearly every order. Right now I’m well over-stocked on string but I shouldn’t have to worry about string for a while. I’ve got 2 100-count packs not even removed from the bag, a white 100-count with only few used and a neon green that I’ve been mostly going through right now.

I can rip cotton string with my bare hands. Check out some of the 100% polyester in Yoyoexpert’s shop.

1 Like

Cotton is pretty frail. I have been usng the 100% nylon kitty string. Its very strong and holds up very well.

i use polyester string it is great. it is a little bit more strechy then cotten and will cushin the blow more. i use cotten and poly im a lefty and it only comes in white cotten but switch poly on my others i find the poly lasts longer.

this means your good if you can wear out the string keep it up

50/50 (slick 6) is fine as well. It’s my string of choice.

I like slick 6 as well but with string boutiques popping up everywhere it’s making it hard to go back to it when there is Kitty string, Toxic String and Twisted strings out there. Not to forget G-String.