String Tricks Problem...

Ok, so I used to do quite a bit of yo-yoing a long time ago. I had a few decent yo-yos, but I can no longer find them. I’ve been playing around a bit with a cheap one (Duncan Pro Z), but I can’t seem to get the hang of all of the string tricks I used to be able to do. I can land on the string and what not when doing different tricks, but for some reason, the yo-yo is always tilted on it’s way off the string and ends up spinning out. Is it just the cheap yo-yo, or is there something I could be doing wrong?

I’m not to familiar with that yoyo… But I had a problem like that before. It seemed like once I got a better break away throw down that started to go away. Also not sure what your budget would be like but if you can maybe pick up a dark magic 2 really worth the money. It’s taken me a long way so far.

The problem is that your throw isn’t quite straight. When you land in a trapeze, the string should be right in the middle of the yoyo’s bearing. When it is off-center, it will touch the sides of the yoyo and slow it down much more quickly that you’d expect.

If you just keep practicing and do your best to keep the string from touching the walls of the yoyo, your problem will disappear.

In the end, you just need to practice for hours and hours and hours. Nothing in yoyoing comes without tons of practice, so just take some time to enjoy yourself while throwing. Before you know it, your throw will be straight and you’ll be doing all the tricks you used to know.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll look into the dark magic II. My favorite yo-yo I had before was a little Chain Reactor, very fun to play with. I also had a Metallic Missile, but unfortunately, I cannot find either of them :confused:

They’re under the fish tank.

Wait… Wait… What fish tank? Did you steal my yo-yos and hide them under your fish tank?

I was assuming you had a fish tank. That’s always where yoyos hide. Unless you have a desk.