String Theory

How different is string really… I bought some Blueprint and some Kevlar laced string. I expected vastly different feeling strings. I suppose as skills develop, ones sense of feeling becomes more sensitive and these things are more noticeable. Seem about right? or no?

I’m probably in the intermediate skill range and I would say the more you progress the more of a difference it will make.
BluePrint is one of my favorite strings.
I haven’t tried kevlar though.

The most obvious thing about strings is wear, but how they hold tension is also an important part, and to a lesser extent the color is important.
At least I need something I can see. So, I always buy yellow.

1 Like

Just a little disappointed I can’t talk about my String Theory Orion in this thread.

On topic, most polyester string is the same for me as long as it not too thin or flimsy. I like how long Kitty String comes. Never tried anything other than poly or cotton.

1 Like

I was expecting a different thread too haha.

To the OP - Blueprint and Kevlar strings are both on the coarser side, so if you’re just going by feel to the touch then I can understand them being similar. They are very different in play though.

You are totally right about noticing the difference as you get better.

1 Like

agree. I’m using one string at a time (and keeping track of which ones I use) and it helps identify your preferred string. one oddity: I recently received some cloud string. first day I hated them. but tried again today and I love them.
what the…??
gw

Gotta break them in a little and learn how to use string that plays really fast. Once you get the hang of it it’s really helpful, but at first I can be tough to use.

I used to make a lot of strings with trilobal poly thread and it plays fairly similar. Just gotta get used to it!

I’ve only ever used a store bought Duncan Imperial or Butterfly. So the supplied cotton string was it for me. I discovered this whole new world about 1 week ago. So I’m new to everything, and loving it. I’m not experienced enough to notice a play difference, as I’m still working on basic binds out of a trapeze and the old standbys i grew up with. The Sleeper, RTB, ATW, WTD, Etc…