String storing

You can get small baggies super cheap at a hobby store like Michael’s or Hobby Lobby, or on Amazon. You can store 5-10 strings in a bag, either wrapped together or individually. Here’s a couple ways I store mine:

The plain clear bags were around $3-4 for a hundred or so at a craft store. The holographic bags are $9 for 100 on Amazon. I got the holographic bags to make my packaging nicer for my shop, but if I was just storing strings for myself I’d go with the cheaper option. Using little bags like this is great, they’re so small they can fit in any pocket or pouch. As you can see in the pic, you can individually wrap them (which is my preferred way since it’s easier to get just one out) or wrap a bunch around your hand at once to quickly store them. Whenever I go on a trip I just toss a pack or two in my backpack and I’m good to go.

6 Likes

Also I meant to post this reply on Friday, but I tripped and fell and hurt my knee and ankle when I was grabbing the stuff to take a photo :joy: Watch where you’re walking! I had to take the weekend to rest, and I almost forgot about this thread.

4 Likes

I hope you heal up quickly!

2 Likes

I shove them all into a Ziploc bag, somehow twisting and rotating
Then when I need one, it’s one of those difficult Mensa mind puzzles to figure out how to get my string out.
:thinking:

3 Likes

i like this method too, it keeps me sharp

i also use yysl type x and mfd vines - both are straight for pulling one from the top

2 Likes

you are not the only one falling i´m skating and last time i twisted my ankle , even running was hard for me after that fall i did a skate pause for a week but i still didn´t recover fully :sweat_smile:

1 Like