String making help

Hello, I just got into string making a few days ago. I found a perfect number of wraps for my preference and everything. They’re tightly wound and all, they look like a normal string and play fine. I’m wondering how to add specific elements to the way it plays. Like, how the heck do you make it hold tension better, or how do you make it better for whips? How do you make it heavier feeling without adding tons of more wraps and messing up the thickness? I’m using 100% spun polyester thread, if anyone can help me I’d really appreciate it.

you test out different brands of polyester thread, some will just be more stiffer and heavier

the best way = try out everything! good store would be wawak sewing

As stated - It’s really all trial and error and finding what works for you. One person’s bad tension is another person’s good tension, one person’s too thick is another person’s too thin, one person’s good for slack is another person’s bad… And so on.

Twisted thread: simple concept but with loads of variables.

There are different threads for different objectives. Best I can offer is echo what has already been said - try as many as you can to find what works best for you. I like dual duty XP.

I have a weird sickness - I love making string, even though I find it’s cheaper and less time consuming to just buy string.