String collection

Who has the biggest hoard of yo-yo strings?

Here’s mine

I’ve been alternating between kitty normal and alphaline a bunch recently but plan to order some more skyline 3 this week.

11 Likes

Some string :joy:. I always give some away but it does not get less. More P44 on the way

11 Likes

Kitty Polo (XL)
Kitty 1.5 (fat)
Kitty Substandard (fat)
Kitty Daiki (XL)
Kitty Shinji (normal)
iYoyo slackies (fat)
Mowl (XL Kitty but in a cool gold color)
homemade strings from a friend
P44 XL

I actually kinda need more string, I’m almost out of Shinji string which is what I’ve been using for loopers and 4A. Been debating between getting Kitty normal(as you can probably tell, I really like Kitty lol) or P44 mugen.

I really like thick strings, feels like slacks just hold their shape so much better the thicker the string is. Doing a silicone recess as my preferred type of response means I can play string as thick as I want on pretty much any yoyo. Although I’m not breaking the mold and I just use normal for 2A/4A.

9 Likes

I’m a simple man and use one string for everything. I have a bag of Kitty First Class Fat in White that is almost empty, will be purchasing another bag soon lol

6 Likes

Ah this answered my question in the other thread thank you lol, I’m definitely gonna try some XL now

2 Likes

Not near as many as y’all but I got a decent variety accumulated…

Kittys regular and fat
Kitty fc regular and fat
Kitty nylon regular, 1.5, and fat
Sochi strings I don’t know what kind but they’re fat and fluffy
String lab strings whichever are in the Ann connely colors and these are okay but too short for play with most of my yo-yos like shorter than all the regular sized strings
Generic yye slick 6 for the fixies
Markmont dragons and cumulus foams
Plus a ton of the random strings that come w yoyos

I use most of them as the preferred string for different yo-yos. Casual yo-yos get the soft strings and I don’t use the nylons because they whip funny not bad really and I kinda like them but I miss my tricks way more. I think because the timing is just different and I couldn’t get used to it.

In general I like the strings to make a whoosh sound when I whip them

8 Likes

I try to be a minimalist and am working out what string I like best. So far Ammo and Plutonium are awesome, will keep trying more and see…

4 Likes

YYSL and Zipline for poly
Airetic and Badwolfe for nylon
YYE for cotton

11 Likes

I got one bag of bulk aceyo and one bag of thin iYoYo slackies, I kinda wish I didn’t buy the slackies but they work great on my two responsive yoyos for longer spin times. I need to try more soon as my money is looking up.

3 Likes

Y’all are allot more organized than I. I’m surprised where is everyone’s bag of sad magic yoyo string they will never use but can bear to throw out. Just me… cool. Cool.

I do the same I’ve defaulted to thick string and flowed response that I set to a depth I prefer. Works great snd I get the feel I want.

1 Like

I saw this thread and decided to lay out my string. After doing so, I felt silly and realized that I need to use what I have and stop buying more. I have a ton of Bad Wolf and Zipline which I love, but I always go back to white YYSL Plutonium or Ammo. For 2A all I use is Kitty reg first class in bulk.

10 Likes

@Woozie. I just recently got turned on to Bad Wolfe as they were closing shop. I am impressed with it but I still miss spoolthreadco. I only have a handful of it so I’ve been on the lookout for more. I’m eyeballing that package of white that you have. Lol.

1 Like

I did the thing I was trying not to do and bought a bunch of small packs of string trying to find something I like. I’m still not sure and have more on the way. On the far left is the bag of shame. It’s all the bad string that doesn’t deserve to exist but I can’t fathom throwing away cause I’m a hoarder.

The loop of string attached to my desk are recently broken strings that are used to distract the cat.

4 Likes

Hey @Yospeedracer, I have 3 unused white left that you’re more than welcome to. I have enough slightly used ones to satisfy my needs. PM me your info and you’ll be 3 strings richer. Free of charge, no strings attached. :smile:

The ones I have are the Goldilocks Sliccs.

5 Likes

Jealous of that Airetic stash! It’s all I’ve used for years and I’m almost out…:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

@TheThrowingGnome I can send you some no strings attached. Pm me

3 Likes