String Brand / Type

I’d definitely be interested in trying some as well if/when you make more. Heard alot of good things on the forums.

1 Like

84String is my fav, Slackies are gr8 as an easier to obtain bulk string.

I use ZipLine Skylines and Airetic Slims depending on the yoyo and on my mood.

2 Likes

just did a search for 84string, it comes with a fragrance ?
Not sure how to cope with string that smells :smile:

1 Like

I just got these today, and they are very awesome! From someone that’s only used bulk poly these are the :poop: so whippy my first throw went for a Brent stole and missed with like 3 wraps around my finger :joy:

6 Likes

Fabric Softener, and it slays, smell or no smell.

Welcome to the nylon club :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yep! They’re great from the hour of playtime they’ve gotten

2 Likes

I have some 84 I need to send you, I have decided I don’t like this string.

1 Like

What? why don’t you like it? We are talking about the stuff from Vietnam right?

1 Like

Well my list of strings to try so far are:
Airetic -
Zipline
Heartstrings - as soon as Mr Dust is back in production.
84string - i mean who can resist scented string :sneezing_face:
followed up with
Kitty
MP

1 Like

Don’t know if their the exact same strings or if you still like them but while searching for other strings i found some Blueprints. on a site called rewind hope its of interest.

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I got the last of their stock.

3 Likes

I’m all about that bulk poly atm tbh. That’s not to say that boutique strings or nylon aren’t good but at my current skill level, I’m not getting as much benefit from the cost.

Just finished out my 50-pack of MFD Phat Vines. They’re good. Last for a decent amount of time. Thought they were actually slightly too thick for my preferences but I guess I adjusted to them. Perfectly sufficient for what I need. Also was a fan of Buddha string but those needed a lot of stretching and frayed quickly (though stayed good for a decent amount of time).

Zipline’s great though I like some of their blends than others. I’ve mostly tried them as pack ins with yoyos I’ve bought; I really need to try them out in a more systematic way one day when I finish my current 3-year supply of string.

Airetic feels amazing but I hate having to rosin and double loop. If I return back to nylon, I’ll probably hit one of their drops.

OD Long Cuts I find to be a bit too grippy for my tastes though they whip really nicely IMO. They’re also super rough on the fingers. I keep them around for throws that give me problematic binds like the MYY Magical.

I’m currently working through some leftover Moose Strings from Monthly Throw (I actually really like them), then I have some packs of 84 String and AHAY string to work through. Then I have 100-packs of Kitty Fat, Sochi Normal, and Sochi Fat. Haven’t actually used Kitty since before I could land a trapeze consistently so looking forward to revisiting that. I also really wanna try Knot Bad from YYF but uh… not for a long while haha.

3 Likes