Static Co. Sudo hype

Is it confirmed that there’s no more Clear Sudo’s coming in the future?

2 Likes

Sudo has been at the top of my list for a while now. I’m so bummed I missed this one as I was way outside my yo-yo budget. My wife would have had my hind.

I’ve got a second Atlantic Wave if anyone wants to trade. :slight_smile:

Saving the duckets for another drop.

My scale doesn’t do decimals, but my Sudo weighs 64g according to it, UL’s and a DS bearing. So Deadboots is probably pretty close.

+1 for another run of clear Sudos…

If you make it, they will come.

4 Likes

While I am very much looking forward to my first Sudo, it is both exciting and disheartening to see a run sell out so quickly.

I hope my fellow players enjoy this throw.

2 Likes

@Marioyo @OhDavidBowie @Shwa @cayce if you guys want, we could get a mini pay it forward going for you four with one of mine. I just want it back at some point, haha.

3 Likes

That is incredibly generous of you. I am not super kind to yoyos and beat them as soon as I get them so I wouldn’t feel comfortable taking yours

2 Likes

Appreciate the honesty, lol

2 Likes

While I am consulted on some aspects, the sudo is really Aaron’s project that he handles pretty independently. He has stuck to the 20 per color rule since the beginning, I would anticipate that tradition staying true moving forward.

We currently have 3 or 4 new projects in the conceptual/prototypical phase, but I can confidently say this isn’t the last you’ll see of the sudo.

11 Likes

Any sneak peaks of @gcoomans sig?

1 Like

I’m not at liberty to share those since it’s not my project. I will say the first prototype was effectively weaponized aluminum but the redesign looks promising :joy:

3 Likes

I would love to take you up on that offer. Thank you. I can send you a list of my collection… maybe there is something you’d like to try. I’ll DM you.

2 Likes

Thats very generous, but I snagged one, I saw them go out of stock right after checkout…

4 Likes

Clear Sudos came out in the last run they did - mid 2021. Released with these other colours.
Such a great throw! :sunglasses:

10 Likes

That’s weird, I feel like I followed their instagram and had all the notifications set up, but I never saw this posted.

1 Like

Copper

16 Likes

Not sure there was a drop from memory… I think that run was sold out to those on a wait list. Probably why there were no posts on social media.

Lucky guy. I need a copper Parlay in my life!

Just noticed that you are all in on the weight with these guys, too. A copper-plated Sudo with brass domes sounds like a monster.

2 Likes

I’m gonna get blasted for this fasho but I honestly think it’s lowkey pretty shitty to be like “Nah we’re only gonna make 20 of one highly desirable colorway FOREVER, for literally no reason, and only allow people in the exclusive waitlist club to get it, good luck” …for WHAT? It’s so arbitrary and strange tbh.

I guess when you run a yoyo company you can do whatever you damn well please, but it’s just some majorly disappointing MFD/RSO vibes. If you have very obvious demand for a yoyo, and don’t want to run a specific colorway ever again literally just because, it just seems like you’re putting collectors before players. And trust me, I understand keeping runs small due to limited capital… but that isn’t the case here. It’s literally just “owner wants to only run 20 of each colorway on a highly desireable yoyo for some odd reason.” Don’t you want to get your yoyo in the hands of more players?

Meanwhile, cranking out ~300 Waves (which very quickly sell out by the way). Where’s the consistency man?

I love Static Co and I REALLY love the Sudo, but I really do think this is a fair point. Maybe it can be 20 of each colorway a year? Better than nothing. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

I think a limit of 20 on each colorway for the lifetime of a yoyo design is a much different decision than disclosing run numbers and then selling to preferred customers ahead of time and skewing availability for an artificially limited release. Not being able to get the exact brand-new Sudo you want is the definition of a first world problem and I don’t see it as being remotely unfair or out of line.

6 Likes