Static Co. Sudo hype

We just got a drop of a yoyo that I wasn’t sure would ever see another run, and I’m pretty excited. Broke my rule of only owning one of any given yoyo because the light black colorway looked too good. I’m a little bummed I didn’t go for one of the half swaps too.

For those of you who don’t know, the Sudo is Static Co.'s “love letter” to old/mid-school yoyos like the Eetsit and Bapezilla/.2. It’s a slightly undersized organic with a sunken response bump that sort of serves as a big schmoove and an approximation of a highwall. I think it might be the best update to the OG End mod that we’ve seen to date, although RSO’s End pt. II definitely gives the Sudo a run for its money.

Anyone else in on this drop? Would love to see pics of your current Sudo collection and of the new ones when they arrive as well.

12 Likes

Sudo because it hits

Pictures coming in a few days.

1 Like

One of, if not, THE best take on the eet/bape. Aaron and onedrop did an AMAZING job. Period.

3 Likes

Been waiting years for another drop so I could get a normal Anodized version.

I didn’t pick up a new Sudo because I wasn’t into any of the colors released. Just hoping they don’t go MIA for 3 years again so I can have a chance at a clear Sudo.

Hope everyone enjoys theirs.

12 Likes

I broke my “no organics” rule and I tried to break my “solids only” rule, but I missed the vaporwave by seconds which really bums me out. I don’t often like non-solids but that speckle/ splash was really calling my name. I had and sold a nickel parlay which I liked but didn’t love.

3 Likes

really bummed i missed the drop. sold out in 20 min or so. if anyone bought one and ends up wanting to sell it let me know :eyes:

3 Likes

@yoyoretro probably feels his ears burning…

4 Likes

Bummed I missed that one. It’s really right up my alley. Hoping the Wave will scratch the itch at least

1 Like

I saw Brian cosky mention that another clear run is unlikely due to Aaron only wanting to produce 20 of each colorway.

I’m pretty excited to get the Sudo which will be my first static co throw. Im a big fan of the d7 and one drop loose bearing seats so I expect to really enjoy it. I got the black which sold out In about a min on their official site and probably like 20 mins later on that other website.

Anyone know the weight of the Sudo with ultralights in?

2 Likes

It should be 63.95g with ultralights.

1 Like

This is bad news. When did they release a Clear Sudo? I’ve only seen dark greys, fades, and other things like that - no actual “clear”

Yeah I had a clear sudo awhile back

1 Like

There’s no definite timeline, but Aaron did hint at another run with his remarks about the vaporwave colorway. Sounds like more solids will be produced in the future.

6 Likes

Guess it was the first colorway he dropped or something. I never noticed, thanks guys.

14 Likes

Good gravy that clear one is gorgeous

1 Like

It truly is. Came with red flats, I threw in some ULs since the reds match the blue one so amazingly….

Been a fanboy for quite some time. Parlay and Sudo are easily one of my all time top 3.

And, as some of you know, I already owned a couple of decent throws throughout the last 2 decades :slight_smile:

Plus: Aaron is such an awesome dude. Love that guy! Hands down!

3 Likes

Some Static love! Sudos in the top row.

This was a wild drop for us. I expected them to take 3 or 4 hours to sell out, we were shocked it only took 20 minutes. We even extended the $55 wave sale a full 24 hours (even though it overlapped the sudo release for 4 hours) in anticipation that sudos would still be sitting today and people could pair them up haha. Turns out we didn’t need to.

20 Likes

The hunger is real lol. I’ll be camping out the next drop

3 Likes

Daz a mean case, Buddy :disguised_face:

1 Like