starting looping

I want to try doing looping tricks for a bit, whats a good (and cheap) yoyo to buy for beginner looping tricks?

just curious, does different yoyos matter for looping. As in does it make a huge difference? or is it mostly preference?

Raiders work pretty good.

Imperial or modified shapes work best.
Butterfly shape does not loop well.

why are some more expensive than others? i understand for butterfly shapes we have different materials and bearings for spin time and feel while spinning but what are the difference between one modified shaped yoyo and another?

can i buy looping yoyos are local stores like walmart or target?

Maybe. Try toys-r-us, maybe a hobby shop.

whats good to start?

sunset trajectory
bumble bee
firedog
loop 720?

or anything else?

I think the most popular ones are sunset, loop 720, and modded raiders.

For looping, I am just using a Duncan Proyo and a Yomega Fireball, and they work fine. For doing loops I prefer my Proyo, and I don’t know why, maybe because of its shape? (Similar to a Sunset Trajectory). Proyo is also cheap. :slight_smile:
I’ve heard Sunsets are really good, though, and Andre uses them in the looping tuturial videos. (So they must be good!)

I started out with Duncan Proyos. Speed Beetles aren’t bad either. Oh and Loop720 would be pretty good.

sunsets are discontinued cuz of the unleashed yoyo (joseph harris signature looper)

They WILL be. They aren’t yet…

I started with (and still use) 2 YoYoJam Sunset Trajectory NXGs. They are very cheap and very good looping yoyos.

P.S. As stated above: YoYoJam will also soon be releasing a “YYJ Unleashed” looping yoyo. Just wanted to point that out if you wanted to wait until they are released, or get a sunset trajectory NXG(s) now. The “Unleashed” will replace the NXGs.

fireball on the yoyoexpert? i couldnt find it
do i need to mod any of them? cuz i dont know how XD

estimate of when they will be out? months? weeks?
since we’re on release dates, anyone know revised x convict release date? ;D

I don’t think yoyoexpert stocks yomega.

You don’t need to mod those or the raider to get in to looping etc. If you get serious about 2A then maybe. And frankly, for starting out I would recommend those over a sunset nxg or the newer version coming out. The sunset and unleashed are more geared to the advanced player.

• The “YYJ Unleashed” will come out on April 24, 2011.
  • The new “YYJ X Convict” will come out on June 3, 2011.

Please note: The sources I got these from may NOT be 100% accurate due to the fact that I got them from another forum. But I do know they will be around these dates…

YYE does not carry Yomegas. But… bla bla bla… I hope I am not breaking any rules by posting a URL or suggesting other yoyo sites. Sorry if I am. I have not modded my fireballs at all, I don’t find it neccessary.
Hope this helps. :wink:

Mod edit: You were. Please refrain in the future.

^^^^^
You should not post links directly to other online stores.

It is sort of a rule.

what would be the best (instock) yoyo to buy from yoyoexpert
since im ordering other things already, i want to throw a few more things in

or if possible, are there any stores that would sell yoyos for looping? fireball?

As I’d said before: I’d highly recommend picking up a YYJ Sunset Trajectory NXG. It is a great looping yoyo for all levels.

theres not really anything in stock right now (unless i missed something)
except for a firedog…no bearing? how does that play for looping?