Starting 3A - What to start with? (Budget: $40)

What’s good for starting out 3A?
The PSG and Asteroid Look nice…
what else guys?
I might end up trading for a pair, so really anything goes.
I need advice people! Christmas is coming!

in pure honesty, i say these 2 are bad for 3a

2 Chasers are by far the best beginner friendly parie

ehh that’s a little out of my budget… I’m looking at about $40 tops (for a pair).

If you’re going Adegle, I think the psg would be better. It feels denser and more stable to me. Have you considered Classics with upgraded bearings? I haven’t tried it, but that seems to be a popular thing to do.

I don’t know, never tried a classic.

Classics, actually will be alot better.
i used a pair over my metals for a while haha

You’d probably want better bearings than stock Adegle bearings anyway. So, I’m thinking the classics might be a good option. There are a lot of good $10 bearings out there that would keep you under budget.

The YYE bearings are realllllly nice!

Eh, between the two I prefer a yyj speed. YYE’s are still awesome for the price, though!!!

Honestly, YYJ speed, OD10balls and YYE are my fav flats

and i run most things with KK and CT though.

just my preference i guess.

hes on a budget so YYE is cheap and good!

Before Josh Yee was picked up by Madhouse, he was using PSG’s for 3A. One think I liked was Josh was all about using very affordable stuff and doing amazing stuff with it. His BAC performance was CLEAN and while he took 3rd, it was still a very good performance. If something of that price is good enough for him, well, then it’s more than good enough for me.

I have both the PSG and the Asteroid. The are very different in shapes and performance. If I was to pick something to start with for 3A, I’d probably have to say the GEM series PSG in different colors.

After that, you may want to consider upgrading your response if you don’t like it. I’m find with mine, but some people are using flowable and it works fine for them. When mine needs replacing, that’s what I intend to do.

Another option might be bearing upgrades. I’m pleased with the bearings in mine, the yoyo is behaving as I would prefer it to. However, experimenting with bearings can be fun, trying to find what bearing works perfect in that yoyo.