Starlite????

how does this guy compare to the Protostar and Northstar??? i was thinking of getting a Northstar… and this Starlite comes out and looks pretty much identical… im wondering if it plays the same? ? the glow in the dark feature is a huge + for me… it adds to the fun level!

It is basically a Proto/Northstar except it has plastic rings like the PGM instead of metal ones like the Protostar.

Center trac bearing also.

Its a lighter ProtoStar. Very fun throw, and totaly worth the price. However, the ProtoStar and NorthStar will probably have much longer spin times.

They all have center tracs

Very cool yoyo.

yokaiyo

The starlight doesn’t play nearly as well as the protostar or northstar

In his opinion.

Im gonna have to strongly disagree on this one. The Starlite, though it uses plastic weight rings (light than metal) also uses glow in the dark plastic (heavier than Protostar/Northstar plastic) so that it is only about a gram lighter than the Protostar. Compared to the Protostar/Northstar, it plays just as smooth, spins just as long, and looks just as pretty. The lighter weight rings/heavier glow plastic give it less of a rim-weighted feel and more of an “evenly-distributed-weight” feel. Its a REALLY amazing throw and at $23.99 at YoYoExpert, I dont think there is a better yo-yo [for the money] on the market today.

1 Like

I just don’t think the starlight is as good as the northstar or protostar

My opinion!

You’re right, it’s better! The starlight is easily better than the proto or north.

The star light is a GREAT choice. Ben, Tyler, and David from YYF told me the GITD plastic makes the yoyo smoother. I would prefer the Starlight over the new Northstar because there is a lesser chance for “pulsating vibe” problems. But all in all Protostar pwns all. :3

Subjective. This is not true at all. All three yoyos have their own merits and will be appreciated on different levels by different people.