Starlight Has Vibe!!

How’d you remove the axle? ???

However, with opening and closing of the yo-yo it will lose its tuning because the axle is not held in one place with Teflon tape or Loctite. Over time the axle will float back and forth between the two halves thus changing their alignment. If you change the halves alignment you are either tuning or de-tuning the yo-yo.

The star series of yo-yos are also not necessarily tuned correctly from the factory. After tuning both my PGM and Protostar to be at their smoothest point the arrows that are supposed to show what the smoothest spot is were at least ninety degrees from each other.

If the hole for a hex key is facing out you can use that. You could also use the jam-nut method of putting two nuts on the axle, tightening them together, grabbing the lower one with a wrench or pliers, and then twisting the axle out that way. Or in a pinch I just wrap the axle in a little bit of ductape and twist it out with pliers.

mine has zero vibe. its my new main throw.

Plastics of all degrees vibe. I’ve played about 2 that had small amounts, of which both were Atmospheres, and I can say that the vibe shouldn’t be horrible.

As for the axle system, like Icthus stated, it’s a nut/bolt axle. It’s not fixed like a YYJ plastic or anything similar. Nothing wrong there. When tightened, the yoyo should have no problem.

I personally love my Starlite, and the vibe isn’t that bad. The axle moves just like yours does, and that’s not a problem. If you’ve ever taken a FHZ’s caps off and unscrewed it, the nut came out. Same concept, only the nut doesn’t have anywhere to go besides back and forth.

Erm… I sent… the yoyos should have arrived… but he’s not saying anything… 2 PMs so far… they arrived like 2 days ago…

Sorry about that, his computer isn’t working. I’ve resolved the situation :smiley: