SPYY Updates 2010-11-20, Who is Gary Longoria? You might be surprised!

Oh my gosh, Smokey Grey Ronin…

waiting…just waiting

I hate looking at tracking information…it says out for delivery. Bet it wont show until tomorrow.

It arrived
What a nice throw…

The Supra is SPYY’s answer to the player who’s looking for a wide, yet smaller competition throw. It features the same massive catch zone and ultra-low walled gap as the Pro, which has proven itself to be a top performer. The Supra has excellent rim weight for its size and is an uncompromising approach to all out play.

SPYY Supra key features:

• super-super wide profile at 41mm
  • ultra low-walled 4.5mm gap
  • 51mm diameter
  • 67.5g weight
  • massive rim weight percentage
  • no spike and an exposed axle to optimize rim weighting
  • recessed pads – accepts silicone
  • dry large C bearing
  • bead blasted finish in “Vicious Violet” or ultra premium “Gold Dust” colorways

These are fresh off the assembly line and will be shipping to stores soon.

wow
that looks awesome
price for the supra?

MSRP is under $100.

1 Like

Must. Get.

Who is Gary Longoria you ask? Well… He may be responsible for creating some of your favorite tricks. Gary is a long time member of the Spin Doctors and was known as a very influential player in the late 90’s. He invented many well known tricks like Pop 'N Fresh and Cloud 9 as well as one of the most difficult to master… Seasick!

I first met Gary at the 2009 BAC. He was a wonderful host and toured me around the SF area. Gary instantly fell in love with the Pistolero and hasn’t thrown much since! After missing a flight home from the 2009 Nats him and Gabe drove me to SF to catch a flight the next day. It was then that I tasted my first Taco Truck meal… amazing :slight_smile: I’ve become good friends with Gary and the rest opf the Spin Docs crew and the entire SPYY team is happy to support his renewed interest in yoyoing. Welcome aboard!

Gabe from www.sector-y.com has put together this new video, “Who the %#$@ is Gary Longoria?", which is a history lesson of sorts. It demonstrates Gary’s contributions over the years with an amazing multi-layered slide show effect.

http://vimeo.com/17018654

Here’s another favourite video of mine called “Break Down to West Coast Regionals”. The excerpt describing this video below is taken from Gabe’s write-ups on www.sector-y.com

“Sweet nostalgia! This is one of my favourite clip videos. I went with some of the Spindox to West Coast Regionals in 2001. The van broke down a dozen times, we got lost in Inglewood, and stayed in a cramped motel room, but the trip was fantastic. This video was initially made for the people who went on the trip with me. I didn’t think that most people would appreciate all the picture trick stuff, nor some of the goofy stuff. But I figured, since I already spent so much time making the video, I might as well share it with others who might enjoy it. And I guess they did. I can’t remember. Regardless of how people feel about this video, it will always remain one of my favourites” - Gabe, Sector-Y

gary is legendary in my eyes. he’s one of the best yoyo players out there! Great to see him part of a great company!

Do u guys mean u would make the punchline better and u guy gonna restock it?

Maybe u guys should let it not fray strings some people say that it do

Uh, yes. That’s the goal :slight_smile:

anything else being done? i personally feel like the spikes go out too far making it harder to hold during matador, and reducing the spike length would also mean you could put more rim weight (though the spin times are already fine). but that may just be me and totally is an opinion i think. also, any sneaks of the colorways?

Omg I will buy it for sure!!

When u gonna restock it?

I’ve played a few new spyys lately and I must tell you I’m in love! I had the original proto ronin from throwdown but I NEED a new one. I’ll be buying sometime after February.

I never jumped for the Pro because of it’s OD but you know, that Supra looks mighty nice and right up my alley, way to go, if these release before X-Mas I might have to pick it up… D*mn you SCUBA Steve! :stuck_out_tongue: Seriously though keep it up, I love the work you guys are doing :smiley:

frankly I take offence, the whole “cures diabetes” now im type one diabetic, so frigging dont do something so stupid again…

What?

well after reading and searching through these 6 pages, all I can say is what are you talking about?

You missed the very first post of the thread in which is says this:

"up, no spikes Ed, or legendary old skool player described it like this: “the pro effing kills. it hunts whales and tigers and cures juvenile diabetes. i can’t imagine using a different yo-yo on stage. i mean the V’s do too, but we knew i’d love those, whereas the pro is pretty much the anti-V.”

You don’t have to get so huffy…

I swear, people take things way too seriously, especially race, but that’s a whole new story…

i feel i must retract this statement. upon further research, there is no clinical evidence to support that the pro cures juvenile diabetes. also, no whales or tigers were ACTUALLY harmed during the testing of the pro.

…coincidentally, it DOES cure ‘the bends’ and scurvy*… anybody have those?

*it doesn’t really.

1 Like