Split Bottom Mount

When i try and do the split bottom mount my lyn fury jumps right off the strinf when i put my finger down and its supossed to go over. It goes over then gos right back off. Is it because my string is old?

i dont think its your string but change it any ways. when you do the split bottom mount or under mount give the string its landing on some slack. Dont hold it as tight as it can be. if it doesnt work tell me

You cant slack it. Its like trapeze where the string goes over your finger but its a different way. It might just not be working for me.

I landed it now but it just spun out as soon as it touched the string. Im done with yoyoing, im horrible.

Practice. Don’t quit.

You need a good throw to do it properly.

Don’t quit. Please.

Do you think if i had an X-convict it would be better then a lyn?

i dont mean do a slack. i just mean give the string some slack. make sure you dont hold it tight. it takes practice, dont quit just yet

I know the pain you’re going through. It took me forever to learn how to do this. It was extremely frustrating. I just kept at it until I got it. But I really did wonder if I would ever learn how to do it.

But then I taught another guy how to do it and he was hitting it within 5 minutes of my showing him. Some people just get it right off, and then some of us don’t.

It’s frustrating but worth it in the end. I wouldn’t give up, but nothing wrong with setting it down for a while and coming back to it.

try giving the string some slack so it can go over your pointer.

Try to roll under the yoyo. You hit the string with your pointer finger , then move your finger down a bit so that it’s kind of like a semi-circle. This helps you create some slack and kind of aim. Or for me anyways.

Use the search button. you won’t believe what’ you’ll find. many great topicss.

you dont necisarily need a better throw to do it. you just need to practice. one thing that helped me was everytime i was stuck on something hard i would do something easy and that would build my confidence back up

Try a different yoyo
ANd definatly
DO
NOT QUIT

keep trying! it took me like 5 weeks!
don’t worry you’ll get it!

different yoyo won’t help anything. wether you do it with a brain or a DV888 it won’t matter. once the yoyo comes up and is about to go on the string, put your hands close together to make a slack so the yoyo won’t fall off.

A different yo yo won’t change or help anything.
I wish I had every penny back wasted with that thinking.

Don’t over work a trick when you start to get frustrated limit yourself to 5 more attempts and stop good or bad. Find a simple trick you know and make it “signify” the end of practice perform that trick and end practice.

I do this to end practice on a good note even if you didn’t succeed at the trick your trying to learn you still end on a good note. Do this each time you end practice it helps you feel better about your practice and clear your mind.

Other thing is stay loose during practice, try to notice when your getting tense and relax. You can’t play well if your tense. Learn what works for you to keep your self relaxed.

Remember it’s all about play and fun learn for fun don’t try to live up to unrealistic expectations for yourself. You know you, do what YOU can do.

I am horrible at yo yo play, I want to change myself but I am also happy with what I can do. Be happy with what you have accomplished.

even though practice is important, a good throw is too. just because you practice forever doesn’t necesarily mean you can do it like a master. take some time to practice your throw. make sure it’s straight and strong.

I know if pretty much everyone on this forum can take ourselves back to the time of learning the Split Bottom Mount, just about EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US will agree that it was one of the most frustrating experiences of our lives, (no one is a stranger to the tingly feeling in their stomach out of sheer split bottom mount frustration, I’m sure) and many of us would be lying if we said the thought of quitting never crossed our minds. I personally spent probably about a week of constant sun-up-to-sun-down practice on the split bottom mount before I even felt comfortable throwing one. I can assure you, though, that the frustration will subside, and with enough effort and determination, you will get it before long, and it will be that much more awesome when you finally get it after all of the effort you put into it. This is just the beginning, and those first steps are definitely the hardest ones to take. Just keep at it. Remove the word “quit” from your vocabulary, because you’ll be missing out on something that has the potential to be probably one of the most exciting and rewarding hobbies you can get into, especially when you start moving up to the Advanced and Expert secions, where things get really fun.

As far as practice tips go, work on a straight throw, try doing the mount in one fluid motion (bring your non-throwhand up and your throwhand pointer forward at the same time), and as it was suggested before, use the search button to find previous posts on the matter. You may be surprised at how much really helpful and informative information there ison here and everyone is always willing to help.

Best of luck to you. Keep at it, and remember, this is only the beginning for you.

yeah the intermediate section was probably the hardest for me.

A good tip would be to push the yoyo string forward and once the yoyo’s touched the string, come straight back but also try swinging the yoyo towards you and then push into the string. It takes a bit of practice to get it perfect. hope I helped!

Ya seriously, I have Yoyofactory’s Velocity and it works great