Spirit Knot

Just felt like sharing that I probably untied maybe 100 knots in the past few hours trying to consistently land the first part of spirit bomb. I finally just started getting it somewhat but man what a mess!!

This isn’t even the worst knot. I started doing this thing where I untie the yoyo from my finger with it still spinning so once the knot is out I can bind it. Well one time it slipped and rolled from the living room to the kitchen. I’ll note that if I ever decide to sell my recog in the BST. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ahh spirit bomb what a trick! I still have to be laser focused to land it, but landing it those first few times definitely had me feeling like oh man learning and landing these harder tricks is addicting. You’re gonna get it soon good luck!
I always find it easier to unknot by taking off the finger loop, often while my spin is going. It’s like a little mini game to see if I can unknot and bind before my spin dies. Very recently, I’ve noticed that as I get exposed to more and more configurations and get more comfortable with them, I’ve been ending with way less knots. Like it has been increasingly easy to detangle mid tricking without killing the spin or even stopping the flow when I’m truly free freestyling like if I hop out the gt the wrong way but keep that bucket open, it’s easier to pop through and back onto the trapeze or into the gt without the dreaded gtdropknot. I don’t know what my point is really, I’m just glad that I’ve started to be able to see and understand where the knots are about to trip me up and I feel like this is something that happens naturally.