Spintastics TigerShark Spacers?

Just received one in the mail today, but I’m confused on how to remove the spacers. It was a replacement because the first one stripped when I attempted to take it apart. It seems to have these weird spacers with O-rings in the center that don’t seem to want to come off from the bearing. They feel sort of “springy”, like they are attached by some sort of band, definitely not like YYF deathgrip spacers. It also seems more responsive then the otjet one and very loud, like something other than the bearing is rubbing somewhere.

1 Like

This was my first ball bearing yoyo! You have to remove the o-ring to get the spacers out. I just removed them permanently.

1 Like

Will the gap remain the same or did you just take the o ring out and put the spacers back?

1 Like

It’s been so long I don’t know. Yeah I just put the spacers back in.

1 Like

Mine has been missing 1 ring for decades and it still plays fine.

1 Like

Mine is making weird shrieking noises even after I took the o ring out, is that normal for this model?

The o-rings are to make the assembly stay together and also make for a small amount of adjustable gap… They were standard on a lot of spintastics yoyos. Granted, they do not offer a lot of adjustment, but w/o them the gap will be smaller. These yoyos were never intended to be unresponsive. The noise is probably due to the starburst response.

2 Likes

Can you take the shields off the bearing? Mine doesn’t seem to have a smaller gap, could the ring on the other side be missing or is there not one at all? I don’t seem to recall my other one making this much noise or being this responsive.

The shields come off but it’s hard to find the open end of the retainer ring because of the small size. As I recall people just pried the shield out with a small jewelers screw driver and discarded them.

1 Like