Spacers question

Hey guys. Quick question. What are spacers for? I have only had one yoyo that uses them (the velocity) and i never wondered about their use.

As I am thinking of pulling the trigger on the new c3 ghost, I saw that it has spacers. Would loke to know what they are for exactly. What happens if you lose them? Can the yoyo be played without them?

Thanks.

If it loses the spacers, my guess is the bearing would be free to slide around inside the yoyo, and the string could/would fall into the gap and end up on the axle.

Idk what the exact purpose is now that I think about it, but some yo-yos like the flight or loop 720 that have spacers also have different sized spacers so they have an adjustable gap width

I’m not an expert, but that’s just my guess :grin:

2 Likes

Spacers can be changed to adjust the gap width. Sometimes it just makes sense for the design of the Yoyo. Usually if you screw together a Yoyo without spacers, the bearing will get stuck and you’re gonna have a bad time. Not really a reason to avoid getting a Yoyo you’re interested in getting imo they usually stay in the yo-yos pretty well.

1 Like

The spacers provide the seat for the bearing as well as adjusting the size of the gap. Often yo-yos with spacers will have thicker and thinner spacers for adjusting the gap width. Without the spacers there will be nothing to hold the bearing and the yo-yo won’t work.

2 Likes

The think is that if i get this one it will never leave the house. At the same time I live with a 4 year old terrorist so… Just needed to know.

I am really hyped for this one though.

3 Likes

You WILL want to make sure you keep up with the spacers. Losing them can make life difficult. I apologize if I missed this, but what yo-yo is it? It might be a good idea to see if there are extra spacers available to buy for it, and get a few sets just to be safe. If you really like it and keep it, a few decades from now it might be impossible to find spacers. This is the case for a few decades old throws today.

1 Like

DD monarch has spacers. I love that YoYo but some kids at club threw it across a patio at the park and it came apart. Thankfully I had spare spacers

2 Likes

C3 ghost ix mate. I will ask for some extra spacers If I decide to pull the trigger.

1 Like