Spectra TMBR PockeHTs releasing on New YeHr's Eve!

You think I work on holidays??? :joy:

Thanks, I’ll look into that when I have some free time later!

4 Likes

Anyone know what brand of string this came with?

1 Like

YYE Type-10 Cotton;

5 Likes

For some reason it just feels different. Maybe just me.

1 Like

Might be Type-8 then or what YYE list as White. I’ve kinda made the switch to that here lately as it feels like it has more tension than Type-10.

1 Like

Its construction is indeed identical, now that I’ve had time to dissect them side by side.

The one that came with the through just feels a little more coarse( or not quite as soft may be a better description)

1 Like

How are your spectra’s playing?

This is the first spectra throw I’ve got, so I’m seeing the differences between spectra and hardwood.

I heard that some people think spectra just feels different, maybe like it lacks the “soul” that comes from solid wood. I can kinda see that.

I also heard spectra would be smoother – but mine plays pretty vibey. (Not trying to complain about wooden handmade yoyos having vibe here – it’s just more than my Maple or Cherry versions)

2 Likes

I got a Tiger KeHng. It plays smooth and snappy. No noticeable vibe here.

2 Likes

Same

Definitely plays way different than the Oak though. The Oak is a beast!!! Glad I got both. Loving them both.

4 Likes

I got my ‘Large Engraving’ PockeHt a while ago and just wanted to quickly comment on the quality of the engraving. It’s pretty darn impressive and TMBR (or whomever is doing the engraving) has come a long way since the engraving on my 2013 eH. It’s just a fantastic tribute/ nod to the old school TK engraving IMO. Well done! Still waiting on my blue and pink one (fingers crossed - last update was Jan 9 and I’m in Canada so it’s probably stuck in some Northern firewall at Customs or the Post Office).

BTW - not complaining about the 2013 one at all. It’s a great yoyo, but the engraving looks more like it was burned in than this latest version.

5 Likes