Spare bearing

I get a more accurate read off the bearing sound over how the colorway looks. Most of my yoyos tend to be solids, which is what I prefer.

Then again, I make a living using my ears.

I also have some other issues where I’m not gonna feel that vibration on the string when things start to get close to “critical” that I’d rather not go into.

[quote=“PAPO,post:20,topic:57358”]
That can be frustrating. Full hand starts are the worst. When I switched to unresponsive, the first thing I did was spend many hours working on starts; not all starts need to be snap starts!

Personally I like quiet bearings. What’s the point of getting spins that are a few seconds longer when your yoyo is shrieking like mad? :wink:

I agree.

This. But a 56 second flick spin!? That’s insane! The most I’ve ever gotten is like 20 seconds, and I though anything over 7 seconds was good…

Usually around 15 seconds flick for me. But 56 seconds, no way. That’s crazy.

Depends on your talent. A few seconds flick time becomes a lot longer play time,
If you just do one trick or two don’t bother…

With a terrapin dry play treatment I took a crapy generic bearing from a <10 second spin time to approximately 50ish, I think the best finger flick time I recorded with it was… 47 seconds maybe. I haven’t looked at the frames on the video to see exactly when I started it spinning. I’ve been meaning to upload it!

Well, yes, I do just do “one trick or two”. So I’ll pass then.

Don’t feel bad about it, just keep working.
It will come…

pretty sure terrapin bearings don’t have that big of an effect on the yoyo compared to the throw itself

2 Likes

Why are you so condescending about this?

That’s what I am thinking as well.