Soul Searching for that yoyo

Hi, so I got alot of Christmas money, and what better way to use it than to blow it all on a new throw?
So, i’m looking for my new companion.
I’ve had a Dark Magic 2 for a while now, and before that i had a duncan metal drifter i got at toys r us. I liked how the metal drifter was full metal, and it had a nice size, being a little smaller than my bulky DM2. However, i like the gap of my DM2, being considerably larger. So I was eyeing the Superstar, but the size is kind of turning me off. But otherwise, this money right now is defaulting towards the YYF Superstar.
I’m not really familiar with all the different yoyo’s out there, so i was hoping for some advice and recomendations towards different brands and yoyo’s that are out there.
So i guess here’s a list of things i’m looking for:
Price anywhere from like 0~120 ish dollars
Metal
I like the H profile of the super star.
Wider gap, stable spin
I would prefer slightly faster play, the DM felt slow compared to the smaller metal drifter.
Maybe a little smaller in diameter than the DM.
of course, must prefer long walks on the beach, and snuggling at the bonfire, etc, the usual stuff.

The y factor is nice, a little small though. Also the 54, but that’s a different shape

speedteam white tiger.
I was really impressed by how stable and smooth it is. If you decide to pick one up, you will probably need to replace the bearings with better ones (size C, A, A). It’s smoother than my superstar.
The dimensions are roughly 54mm diameter, 38mm width, 5mm gap.

You could also try a recrev no. 9
yoyofactory yuuksta

I would recommend the Yoyofactory Boss.

The best yo-yo that ive played with in a long time is the Vs Newton Battosai. Its in your price range ($90) and fits your criteria (smaller that the DM, H shape, wide gap, fast, metal). It’s got a great grinding surface, a nice IRG area, and comes in some beautiful colors. YoYoExpert still has some left, the last I checked, but they won’t last forever and this is the only run that Vs Newton is ever going to make. I’d really recommend picking one up. There are lots of reviews on it out there, so I’d read a few of them if I were you and consider it. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

1 Like

I recommend the Adegle Comet. Honestly, it’s one of the best I’ve played (excluding YYR’s)
Oh, get a YYR if you can. You won’t regret it. ;D

I just really got back into yoyoing in the past month or so and purchased the Dark Magic 2 to start off with. Then I got some cash for Christmas and started looking for something to compliment the DM and who doesn’t want two yoyos? I ended up with the Battosai after reading a plethora of posts. At first I thought that it was a bit advanced for me and I didn’t deserve a yoyo of this caliber but the darn thing is amazing. I still play with both and it is interesting to switch between the two. I am not experienced enough to discuss the specifics of why the Battosai superior, it does spin for what seems like eternity, but I have no doubt that you will be disappointed. That being said three yoyos is better than two and I am starting to search for my next throw, I think I have a problem…

If you have a problem which is that, then all of us here do. Lol

Not you, your wallet. :smiley:

On topic, a genesis will do nicely… or why not a superstar? They both have nice gaps, bit smaller than DM (Although Genesis is barely anything) and they have decent spin times…

Thank you to everyone who helped recommend a yoyo to me, in the end, i ordered a super star just now ;D. I really considered the battosai, i spent about 3 days researching the differences. I chose the super star in the end over the battosai because i didn’t like the lack of anything inside of the side cap ( i think thats what its called), where the super star has the hubstack stuff. I also preffered the sharp angular shape to the curvy h shape of the battosai, tempting as it was to go and buy both.
Thank you