Someone seem to be worried about Titan being too heavy for speed

I basically know nothing about 1A and I don’t practice 1A, but here’s me trying to be fast to prove that Titan seems to be able to go fast…

If you think I’m too slow, show me your speed combo and teach me how to do it, and I’ll see if I can reproduce with Titan.

6 Likes

@yoyoxcellence

1 Like

Very cool stuff, I think anyone worried will realize heavier yoyos have so many pros and it’s simply a matter of adjusting to them. One of the most popular models of all time was the DM2 and it was 70g I don’t ever remember thinking about its weight.

3 Likes

My dark magic lore isn’t up to par but I’m fairly certain I read that dark magic 1 was 69-70g and for dm 2 the weight was decreased to 67g. This is info from Yoyo fandom. Either way heavy yo-yos are the way.

1 Like

YYJ Dark Magic II – YoYoExpert 69g on the shop, I could be wrong all mine are missing caps so hard to weigh it correctly.

1 Like

Probably didn’t update the specs from dm 2 and dm1. Wouldn’t be the first time… there is a blurb about the weight here YoYoJam Dark Magic II | YoYo Wiki | Fandom

1 Like

Maybe I got them swapped, its been a very long time. I stand by the point I was trying to make with the comment. Heavier throws are not new and once you get used to them offer a lot of benefits.

2 Likes

Lol no need to convince me of how great they are. #Hades4Lyfe

2 Likes

Any yoyo can be pushed to go fast imho. All yoyos have a certain amount of inertia to overcome but I’m sure that even a Hades (looking at you @GTDropKnot) can be pushed fast as long as it’s played with a firm hand. I know that my Valkyrie can go fast (granted as a semi-beginner working on intermediate my definition of fast might still be relatively slow for some) as long as I actually put some muscle into it. The Titan looks less bulky than either the Valkyrie or Hades so I’m sure it’s fine.

2 Likes

It plays much lighter than the numbers would lead you to believe. I think a lot of people get hung up on raw numbers for many of the specs. But design choices are a equally important factor.

2 Likes

I’m INCREDIBLY excited for 77g’s. :face_holding_back_tears: i’ve never wanted a yoyo so badly. Lol it’s keeps popping up in my mind every couple hours since the pre order went live.

3 Likes