The Re:DM project

Good Morning people,

Im a person who never experienced in the YoYoJam era, which there was some really cool yoyos at that time.
A few months ago i bought a DarkMagic from a friend, and i really fell in love with it yet super scared to play a lot with it since you will never know a 20 yr old yoyo will crack.

So after I designed my own PC yoyo a few moths ago, I started a side project to test if i can design a DarkMagic replica but with machined PC.

So, here it is,
PC + 7075 AL RIMs
Width: 41.9mm
Diamater: 56.4mm
weight: 70.9g

Well actucally i didnt do really good on the weight part i must say.
but im glad i tried to make one just for the repect of YoYoJam.

So yeah im heading back and play it for a bit, see ya guys later!

26 Likes

Looks pretty spot on to me. Yoyowiki says the weight for the og DM is 69-70g so you’re just barely over that.

@AndreBoulay can you make a run of these?

9 Likes

Thanks, after playing a bit more, the feeling of playing the original dark magic is coming back!

BTW, i still have 3 more prototype in stock, so if anyone is interested let me know (its not cheap though :rofl:)

3 Likes

@redzaku every time I see your post on Instagram I make sure to leave a like, you doing so many interesting and curious designs! Keep up the great work

4 Likes

Thanks Albertino!

2 Likes

New follower on IG!! Good stuff!!

2 Likes

Looks nice! The Dark Magic is probably the best yoyo ever all things considered. The more I play with them, the more I think this. I prefer the original over the DM2.

Yes, you need to keep the weight above 69 grams. That’s part of the Dark Magic’s charm. If/when Andre ever does a DM3 I really hope he keeps the weight the same, and does not follow the light as a feather trend we are plagued with now.

3 Likes

May i ask why the weight is over 69 on dark magic?

Was it designed that way of play, or just it was hard to lower the weight.

Sorry if i asked stupid questions

2 Likes

Andre specifically wanted a heavier yoyo.

You can read about it here: Interview with Andre Boulay - Home of the offical YoYo fun forum

5 Likes

Thanks for the info, A lot of people have tested the ReDM liked it very much, they think its an improvment over the original DM, I am considering to mass produce it in the future, so lets see how it works later on.

still waiting on andres reply.

5 Likes

I am down for when they become available. Let me know please

3 Likes