Some drawings, any feedback?

Ignore number 2, I have found out it already exists.

I drew these and edited them throughout the school year, and have been wanting some feedback from some more experienced yoyoers. I saw someone else post their drawing, so I thought, “Why not?” Maybe you guys help? I have no measurements yet, so these are just shapes. They are being compared to my Genesis (I love the shape and size of it).

1. So number one is a very average sized yoyo, with a small flat edge leading to a curve inwards, and then a drop leading to another curve inwards. I have the walls a little higher for more control.

2. This one is a bit strange. I want it undersized, and wide for the size. It has a small flat edge leading into a slight curve inwards, and then a large curve to the center. High walls, could be changed. This yoyo might be a total disaster, but it might be awesome.

3. This yoyo has a mid sized diameter, but is a bit wide. It has a sharp slope which leads to a less steep part, however it is not curved. It then has a small step and another part, same slope as the last. Low walls. I thought it would be a cool wider throw.

4. This one is my favorite. It is a bit oversized diameter, which makes it look slim. It has a flat edge that leads to a tilted side. Then comes a step, and a out and in curve that I like. Low walls on this one too.

5. I don’t know how to explain this one, you will have to see the picture. It is the widest of the bunch, with a mid-sized diameter. The whole thing is this weird curve. Also has low walls.

That’s all of them! Feel free to give some constructive criticism.

Nothing? ::slight_smile:

Number 4 is my favorite of then all. That has the most potential to be a really good throw. The shape could use a bit of refining.

Haha, that is my favorite too. I think I might try to develop some measurements on these today (this is really fun).

Well I think the measurements for number 4 is:

Diameter: 2.5", 63.5 mm
Width: 1.7", 43.18 mm

That diameter is way to crazy haha. I def think it needs to be bright down to a realistic level. Anything above 58mm diameter is way too big IMO.

2’s shape reminds me of my YYF ONE. I like the looks of them all though!

How did you post the picture?

I like number 1 and 4, I feel that 4 would be uncomfortable though.

I will rethink then. I don’t really know much about creating yoyos I just wanted something unique.

I upload it to photobucket, or any photo hosting site, and then I click the photo button on YYE posting and I enter the direct URL. There are tutorials out there I’m sure, if you need more info.

Nope i got it. Even made a new thread. Thanks!

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/5296/jesy.jpg

number 4 already exist :stuck_out_tongue: its Teh Yo made by x3

Look into yyj axiom= #2

#5 = Sine // Saw sorta

I can’t help with anything but how it will feel in the hand, and how it will grind unless I see a weight distribution. I can also tell that #3 would be easy to design with a good weight distribution.

I feel that yoyo is very different then what I drew, that one is more rounded and organic.

All right you got me there, that yoyo is actually very similar (if not exactly) what I had in mind. I need to get my hands on one of those :stuck_out_tongue:

The Sine // Saw is very angular and has sharp cuts, where mine is simply round with a few lumps, plus much wider.

Lol, to me…
3 = something like a monster
4 = g5
5 = cascade, or hot.
Thats what it looks like to me.
5 could be a modified superwide or something

Actually for number 4 I was inspired by the H5xChief but I wanted something with rim weight and a unique shape.
On number five I could see the resemblance to a H.O.T. or Cascade. It’s kinda mashed with a SuperWide/Monster I guess.

It’s ok if a yoyo resembles another one, not all yoyos have to be completely unique and brand new shape and stuff. Yoyos always have little features that are shared with others, wether it be shape, specs, or anything else involving the yoyo. So what I’m trying to tell you is that don’t worry too much if someone says it looks this this, or looks like that, because they could play completely different.