socal 2011?

what news is there on this contest. still at the river in palm springs? how long are the freestyles? what rules etc?

http://www.myrecreationdistrict.com/programs/special.htm

Join us at the River in Rancho Mirage, Saturday, January 29 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Register on-site beginning at 9 a.m. This event is free and for all ages. Come participate and watch some of the top yo-yo professionals in the world.

Participate and win awards, prizes and giveaways throughout the day. Divisions from beginner to expert. Traditional rules by AYYA. The first 150 guests will receive a free yo-yo.

Two levels of competition will be held.
• Championship Freestyle competition for expert level players.
• Age Group Sports Ladder competition for beginners through advanced level players. The contestants will attempt to complete as many tricks as possible on two parallel trick lists. The1S ladder tricks are primarily sleeping or string tricks while the 2S ladder tricks are primarily looping tricks.

Day:
Saturday
Dates:
January 29, 2011
Time:
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Fee:
FREE

does that mean that the freestyles are 3 minutes? or just 2?

They’re using the same ladder as the national yoyo contest right?

darn, i need to find a different song.

1a and open division?

Yes

Is there a particular hotel folks are staying at/hanging out at?

I’m taking Elliot and we’re staying at the closest Motel 6. I’m pretty sure some of the Arizona yoyoers (Tyler Rose, Tyler Goldenburg, Shannon Jackson) stay there as well.

Thanks Paolo. Let’s discuss on Saturday.

i need more details what is given away

Last year it was a bag of prizes. Nothing specific.

whats in the give away bag

why does it matter? just yoyos. i believe last year had a few yyf premium for 1st, yyf fundametals for second, and duncan and yyf plastics for third