So Cal yoyo Competition

I’ve been looking online for the date and location of the upcoming southern california yoyo contest and cant find it anywhere help please? ???

http://www.myrecreationdistrict.com/programs/special.htm

Scroll down and you’ll see it.

Yup. In case you don’t want to click the link:

Join us at the River in Rancho Mirage, Saturday, January 29 from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m. Register on-site beginning at 9 a.m. This event is free and for all ages. Come participate and watch some of the top yo-yo professionals in the world.

Participate and win awards, prizes and giveaways throughout the day. Divisions from beginner to expert. Traditional rules by AYYA. The first 150 guests will receive a free yo-yo.

Two levels of competition will be held.
• Championship Freestyle competition for expert level players.
• Age Group Sports Ladder competition for beginners through advanced level players. The contestants will attempt to complete as many tricks as possible on two parallel trick lists. The1S ladder tricks are primarily sleeping or string tricks while the 2S ladder tricks are primarily looping tricks.

Day:
Saturday
Dates:
January 29, 2011
Time:
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Fee:
FREE

is it going to be 1a and Open div. like last year? or 1a, 2a, 3a etc?

Probably just 1a and open. The contest is only 6 hours - I doubt they’ll have time for all of those.

Does anyone have the contact info for one of the judges? I have a few questions I need to ask.

I’m pretty sure Yoshi will be judging again this year. Try to PM him on YYN

1 Like

Yeah I heard it going to be Yoshi and Bill again, not sure about the third judge though.

do we need prelims?

no prelims. You compete and it’s over.

probably not going to be tyler again? what about rojas? he won both divisions last year.

Severance isn’t going, and neither is Rose. Anthony is competing.

Lol I’m judging guys… :3

Anyways bring money and throws because I’m trying to get rid of my collection.

that is exactly what i am planning on bringing.

im pretty sure thats what were all doing

Can’t wait for the contest, I’ve been practicing and practicing for this! It’s gonna be really fun haha. :slight_smile:

Lol, I so,d the marmot James… All cash so maybe I can work another trade with your bro. And I’m too lazy to train, this forum is too addicting.

Ha, the dude hasn’t gotten back to him. So my little bro will trade with you at SoCal most likely haha.