So what trick or element has been eluding you lately?

I’ll start. For me it’s two tricks- shotgun beefhook and Yuuki slack.

Cannot for the life of me wrap my mind around beefhook. And the sad part is, even if I do get it down, it’s one of those tricks that looks remarkably underwhelming for how complicated it is.

And I just can’t seem to smooth out Yuuki slack. I can do it, but it looks forced and just… Not good.

What about you?

4 Likes

I’m working on the gyroscopic flop part of Mexican Duck Pond. I can’t seem to get it to flop correctly.

3 Likes

I wanna hit that trendy ninja vanish to double gt but in the variation where it is done in one slack movement. It’s soooo difficultttt :frowning:

2 Likes

@smileypants707 The ppl who can execute the shotgun beefhook trick understand the struggle behind learning it XD.

2 Likes

@NoT_ATHROWER :sob:

2 Likes

I know this is going to sound lame, but I’m just beginning, so: Flying Trapese.

The yoyo flies around my finger so fast I can hardly even see it, much less “aim” it onto the string. You guys make it look so easy!

Which, of course, it is once you master it. You guys can do it in your sleep practically. But for a beginner who can’t really throw a truly consistent breakaway yet, even the simplest side mount is diabolically hard!

It also doesn’t help that the breakaway hurts like hell when it returns into the hand. I realize this isn’t a problem when doing actual string tricks since you never just do a breakaway and have the yoyo return at full velocity, but as a beginner trying to master the motion of the sideways throw, I don’t have a choice! Owie! (Yes, I have a yoyo glove, but that only helps a little.)

4 Likes

Hey man let it fly around your hand…thumb…or finger…whatever is convient for you…that will allow the velocity to slow down for a catch!

2 Likes

Well, it does take practice to get it consistent. with the Breakaway, you don’t even have to throw it very hard just to land a trapeze and return.

try to really exaggerate your body motion while attempting to land the trapeze. like, bend your knees and stuff so you can actually visualize the yoyo landing on the string as it is coming around your NTH. really try hard to visualize the catch of the yoyo on the string.

it’s just like when your playing catch with somebody, you keep your eye on the ball and visualize it landing straight in your hands.

1 Like

Also beefhook. I’ve hit it a few times but can’t quite figure out well enough what caused success vs failure to really nail it down.

2 Likes

@Nathan It’s sooooo frustrating. At any rate, it has proven to be a neat way to enter a brother mount. So at least it isn’t a total bust.

1 Like