String: A nice nylon string from @smittylube

Trick elements in order:
Chopstick cross arm to 1.5
Last hop from Kwyjibo
Beefhook
Turbo repeater
Jade whip (missed)
Hook (missed… Lol)

I feel like I’m finally getting decent and stringing misc stuff together. It took a lot of filming to get beef hook on camera - it’s tough to land consistently.

7 Likes

Nice job!!!

2 Likes

Nice! You’ll get that whip and hook soon, I know it.

2 Likes

Finally landed a clean beefhook

I hate you. This is the single most infuriating trick I’ve tried to learn.

Just kidding though, great job man! It’s so fun when you can start stringing tricks together.

4 Likes

Normally I miss the beefhook and land jade whip & hook, haha. Landing everything in one go takes a lot of practice!

Thanks! :cut_of_meat: :fishing_pole_and_fish: is a tough one for sure. Been grinding it for several weeks and I can only do it < 1/3 of the time, still.

3 Likes

Awesome!
I’m glad you are enjoying the string. I’ve refined them a bit more since. I’ll send you a couple of the latest recipe when I get it sorted out.
For the jade whip I was very inconsistent but blending the strings has helped me figure that one out since that is one of my tests. For me part of my problem was my palm needs to be up, how far you rotate the yoyo around your TH, but it’s also dependent on the release of the string with your nth. Try it and you’ll see what I mean.

1 Like

Wow, I didn’t realize I got to be part of the smittylube string subscription service! I just got the second pack yesterday - It’s going to take a bit before I can test all of them. This white string is very good, though.

Thanks for the jade whip tips - I usually find it easier to land on slower strings, and I’m getting better at it, but it needs a lot more practice. Mainly I intercept the string at the wrong location so the loop doesn’t form correctly.

1 Like

Nice! how long have you been yo-yoing?

1 Like

Just shy of 8 months. Been practicing pretty diligently, though.

1 Like

I need to learn beef hook now.

1 Like

Exactly this. Been trying it again after aborting way back, still cant wrap my head around it just yet, but im working through it. Need more tuts. hah

One of my friends recorded some tips for me that helped:

3 Likes

Where do you position you’re index finger to actually hook the yoyo? When I try I just land in a man on the flying trapeze and his brother mount.

1 Like

This is usually the part where I start wanting to pull my own hair out. I hate this trick! Hate it I say!

2 Likes

I know!!! I don’t understand!!! :sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

The worst part is, it’s not even that cool looking for how much trouble it is to learn. It’s kind of an underwhelming looking trick.

1 Like

All the :cool: people know Beefhook and do it all the time. I’m just saying.

2 Likes

It’s comforting knowing you’re in the uncool gang, code :wink:

2 Likes

I never stop beefhooking

3 Likes

That’s literally the only trick you know :sweat_smile:

2 Likes