Slim Bearing

I know this is going to sound silly, but can I just put a slim bearing in any of my throws to make them responsive?

Would I also have to change the axle?

Depends on the yo-yo. Some you will have to change the axle and some you will not. It’s just trial and error really.

Cool thanks!

Anyone tried it with a replay pro?
That would make it the perfect starter pack IMO.

Axle’s too long for a slim bearing in a Replay Pro. I tried :-\

Unless you can cut the axle or something.

1 Like

Replay Pro is just a bolt. You can cut it or find a different size at the hardware store.

Cutting would work, but it would be hard to replace since it’s fixed into the throw right?

You could remove the caps: REPLAY PRO removed caps

This would give you access to the bolt. Yes, it looks to be embedded in the plastic so it may take some surgery to remove it.

1 Like

I’ve removed the Replay Pro bolts a few times, they’re not sealed in there too tight. There are probably cleaner ways to do it, but this is fast and effective:

Remove the cap. Place the yo-yo on a flat surface with the axle facing up and bearing removed. Then just tap the axle a few times with a hammer. I’m not saying swing at it full force, but a few little taps should pop the bolt right through the thin plastic coating holding it in.

As with any modifications - do this at your own risk, it can cause some vibe or even damage if you’re careless.

1 Like

Oh ok. I thought the caps were not to be removed.
I’m probably not going to mess with a good thing that much, but it’s good to know for the future.

Thanks!