Responsive bearing for replay

My daughter is interested in a yo-yo, and I know she’d prefer some of the designs of the replay pro, but she definitely needs a responsive yo-yo. Can I buy a new bearing to make an replay pro responsive? Would I also need to buy a shorter bolt or something?

1 Like

There is a responsive version of the replay pro, it’s called just the replay.

1 Like

Yeah, but it doesn’t come in as many colors as the pro version. I’m wondering if I could buy the unresponsive version and a few parts and give her a more stylish responsive replay.

1 Like

So to make the regular Replay unresponsive, you have to switch the bearing and pads. So for yours you would have to put in a slim bearing and Im guessing swap out the pads for responsive play. Start by putting in the slim bearing. You shouldn’t need another axle. If its still not as tug responsive as you’d like it, then swap out the pads as well.

If you are going to buy the Replay Pro + barring + pads, you are better off spending that money on a better Yoyo. You are already up to the price of the new hand died Recess First Base.

Yeah, that doesn’t make much sense. Thanks!

I apologize for the link. I didn’t know the rules. it won’t happen again.

The bolt is longer in the replay pro. If you put a slim bearing in and crank it down you will destroy it. I’ve done it. Don’t do it. if you want a responsive replay pro the only way is to buy a regular replay.

3 Likes