Slack tricks

so im terrible at slack tricks, so could anyone link any videos to some easier ones?
I know about string tension and the only one I can do consistently is slack trapeze and his brother.
thanks!

3 Likes

For me? Slack tricks are waaaay harder on 100% poly, call me a scrub but that’s just me :roll_eyes:

Poly/nylon blends or 100% nylon makes slacks/whips much easier…FOR ME

Trapeze laceration is my suggestion for a 1st slack trick!!

2 Likes

You can start learning Underwater Basket Weaving. Even if you don’t master it right away, the trick has foundational elements for slack tricks. I won’t give you any more tricks since this one should keep you busy for a while.

Make sure you master the first part of the trick, since it’s the part that teaches you how to move the yoyo and keep a clean, open slack loop at the same time. Then, a slack brother type of element, and finally, a brading, which you should start practicing if you don’t know it already.

Edit: Oh, also

Don’t worry about what type of string youre using. If you’re using any poly string you’re fine. Said factor is completely irrelevant when learning slack tricks. Focus on learninig how to manage your string tension and learning how to properly do each element of the trick.

7 Likes

Yeah don’t listen to me, I’m a scrub - lacerations are still easier with nylon :joy:

3 Likes

can confirm that nylon strings whip at the speed of light :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Im pretty trash at slacks too, I’m not a god like @EOS44 over here but I know most of the basic and fundamental slacks. I recorded a short video to help you out.

A few of them have names but I learned most of them by myself because there weren’t/aren’t really any tutorials for them when I was learning them way back.

Ignore the last 20 seconds I was just trying to remember if I forgot anything. Which I did! I was going to add the first element of underwater basket weaving. Also after I recorded I was thinking the branding and revolutions might be a little too advanced right now but literally all 3 of those elements are in underwater basket weaving so @EOS44 got me covered there.

It’s interesting cuz I never actually learned that trick but I see it incorporates a lot of good elements :+1:

8 Likes

This is a good one. Was gonna say branding is good.

1 Like

Been working on this for a bit. Even just practicing it I feel I’m learning a lot, and I’ve landed every element except the last one. Even just the first suicide is pretty cool if it’s all you take away from it

3 Likes

Nah I don’t mess with those GT suicide and hop catch tricks, not tryin to go back to knot city like when I was learning how to bind :joy:

2 Likes

This is dope, but kinda advanced if OP is still a beginner at slacks.

Those are red triangles! Knot free :wink:

3 Likes

This is the only reason I’m even working on something this advanced. If you miss, it’s no problem, but when you land that first suicide, holy crap is it satisfying.

2 Likes

This one is pretty straight forward

This is one of the first slack tricks I learned. It’s pretty simple once you understand what’s going on, and it’s quite satisfying to execute too

1 Like

cant really record a video but can someone point out a houdini slack? Houdini slacks seem to be the easiest in my opinion. Plus, there are so much variations. He could make lots more tricks with knowing houdini mount slacks. I mean houdini slacks where you just pinch the string on your throwhand pointer and let the string hang down, where you can just swing the string into the back side of the yoyo or other variations. Cant do a tutorial right now, sorry.

I think this was mentioned above in the under water basket weaving Tut?

Yea, but there are easier variations.

1 Like

Plastic whip is a great slack to start with in my opinion,itll get you right into gyroscopic flop

lacerations are fun and interesting. Keep at it!