Slack hater. What do you dislike intensely?

I hardly ever do anything involving slack partially because I suck at slack. Partially because I don’t like to adjust tension as much as it needs. Partially I just don’t find it as fun.

What do you avoid or dislike?

2 Likes

Trying my best to avoid yoyo arguments. I love most things regarding yoyo, even if it’s not something I particularly like to do. I’m not a “tech” player. But I love watching the contests, and seeing what everyone is doing. I don’t really like to play 3A, but Hank Freeman leaves me in awe whenever I see him play.

So the pointless yoyo arguments that are popping up more and more are what I’m trying my best to avoid, and I dislike them as well :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Speed combos.

2 Likes

I hope this thread doesn’t become one of those. Just trying to see if I’m the only one who avoids certain elements.

I think slack looks super cool but I just don’t find the enjoyment in it.

1 Like

I’m not a huge fan of overly dense tech combos mostly because I don’t find them very fun to execute. But I enjoy watching other people do them.

I avoid front-style tricks because I find throwing to the side to be much more fun and satisfying.

2 Likes

I’m not a big fan of slacks either. i like to play with the yoyo, not the string

I don’t like playing 4a but watching Rei Tsubasa and Hajime is cool.

The drawn out yoyo debates are getting old for me too like Aaron said. I do like talking about disagreements to get a better understanding on both sides but it seems like it makes too many people frustrated so tryin to tone it down.

I think @Durfee does a better job at defending my stances without offending people anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I avoid 5A, because I don’t like the way it feels to hold the counter weight and the yoyo in my hand. I imagine I could get used to it, but I’ve never tried it for long enough for that to happen.

Keep at it it’s so fun.

1 Like

I pretty much enjoy most aspects of yoyoing, I just enjoy some more than others. What I enjoy most at any given time is always apt to change. Therefore, I don’t really try to avoid anything, I just go and yo.

2 Likes

For the longest time i used to avoid slack too. But one day I just challeged myself to use slack and not suck at it, learned a couple of tricks and now It’s one of the things I enjoy the most.

There’s is not a think I dislike intensely, but i can talk about stuff that is hard for me and by consequence it intimidates me, and that is negative hooks. Man, I feel those are especially hard for me. My brain as a really hard time understanding the motions around those.

8 Likes

I honestly love every type of trick. One thing that I dislike is not learning something new in a while, which leads to me doing the same trick over and over. Great for consistency, not so good for enjoyment.

3 Likes

I intensely dislike it when people don’t like certain types of tricks

5 Likes

Slack and whips are all I do :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

My biggest real pet peeves are when people say Chinese yoyos are bad and when people say somebody who won a contest didn’t deserve it (kinda relevant rn)

6 Likes

I don’t enjoy trying multiple hooks. I always feel like I’m flailing about.

1 Like

Do some front style and practice your regens to side. You’ll like it more.
You need to know how to regen spin, which is pretty easy, you probably do this, but if not there are many tutorials.

The first time I regen’d from front style to side style, it was like hitting a trapeze for the first time.

Anyhow… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll give it a shot, thanks for the suggestion!

Yeah you can do front style tricks sidestyle anyway, thats why you see people regen from a sidestyle combo straight into frontstyle

That’s how i do boing e boing. I can’t even do it front style yet, lol. I just find front style isn’t fun, so I don’t do it.