Skyva Yoyo Review

Ohh interesting. I actually did not try to remove the bearing initially, but once I did, it was actually difficult. Took me awhile to get the bearing out with pliers, it ended up damaging the inside of the yo-yo a bit due to the back and forth movement but it still plays great. I thought it was only on my yo-yo that had this problem, but I guess it is not just mine.

Do not directly grip your bearings with pliers. That will only damage the bearing or your yo-yo in the process. Be patient, rock the bearing back and forth slowly and if you need to try gripping the multi tool with pliers to get more leverage.

Got a skyva for Christmas and am very happy so far. Really does play like a dream. Definitely hoping not to have to take it apart after reading all this stuff, though. Fingers crossed its not an issue for me!

It’s fine if you unscrew it to get knots out but just don’t try to remove the bearing. The bearing is like superglued into the yoyo

I do not unscrew for knots unless it is a last resort. Picking them out is much easier and safer. I know people will say “it has threads, it is meant to be unscrewed” but I’ll pass on that. Just don’t see the point in risking damage or having to tune out wobble for the sake of removing a knot

Sometimes the string gets in “axel knots” which is when the yoyo string gets in knots around the bearing. The only way I can undo them is by taking apart the yoyo. If you can undo an axel knot without unscrewing the yoyo you’ll have to teach me.

Good pair of small tweezers

the bearing was super hard to get out of mine also. i just put the half of the yoyo that has the bearing in it, in a thick sock and used pliers to pull it out. wont damage theyoyo or bearing.

Wow! I just obtained a skyva today and wow! The finger spins are so much better than I expected! I am having a really hard time not getting it to instantly center. This may be the second best fingerspin yoyo I’ve tried!

What is the 1st best finger spin yoyo that you’ve tried?

Elysian however I’m not a fan of how the yoyo played otherwise.