Skyva has slippy binds with new pads

So I’ve had my clear blue skyva for probably four years now and I’ve kept it clean,cleaned the bearing then put new lube and replaced the launch pads with the appropriate pads size,but it now slips when I try to bind it I’ve reopened it checked everything but when I go try to bind it won’t work like it used to! I used yoyofactory pads one of my favorites. I really love this yoyo and I want it to be more then a collectible cause it’s so good any help?

2 Likes

You probably already did this given how much other maintenance you’ve already done but have you tried a fresh string? It’s possible it’s just time to swap strings.

Alternatively, it’s possible that the new pads just need breaking in. Try rubbing them a bit with an old pair of jeans. I haven’t personally tried this but I’ve seen it suggested before.

Which YYF pads did you use, and what pads were in the Skyva before?

2 Likes

Yep fresh strings and I use blue yyf pads the pads before we’re default.

1 Like

I think the pads just need some breaking in. Per the description on YYE:

Teal & Blue:
The Grippy Pads. These pads have a little longer break in period, meaning that they retain that new pad feel for much longer than most other pads. Once broken in, blue and teal pads hold a Medium Response while still holding an overall grippy feel.

For now, I’d try a thicker string or rubbing the pads with a cloth like old denim to abrase it. It might take some time but it’ll play similar to normal after the pads are broken in.

2 Likes

Well thanks guess I learned I should actually read the description and pay attention lol thanks dude

3 Likes

Hope things turn out for you and that after a bit of break in with the pads it plays like you like it again!

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like