Skyline string

Just got some zipline skyline string and its amazing. Love how soft and bouncy it is. Anyone know of any bulk string that has similar peoperties? Not sure i can afford a steady supply of skyline.

3 Likes

Part of the idea is skyline should last longer but yeah it’s not cheap. P44 is pretty good can’t remember how similar but bulk options at least.

2 Likes

I have to try this p44 string. Think you told me in another post you also like it for looping. Yeah i’d be fine if the skyline string last will have to see whay the durability is. Thanks for giving me another string to try.

1 Like

You can wash skylines a few times as well to add value, best method I have found is taking them and putting in different Jean pockets and just putting through the wash cycle than hang to air dry

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. I’ll try that. I have some other zipline strings but not sure if they are worth washing. Have the prestige and stranger string.

2 Likes

I wash all my string and give it a shot. Worse case it didn’t work out and I toss it anyway but doesn’t really add much work or cost much of anything to toss them in a mesh bag in the laundry.

3 Likes

Gonna second what @Captrogers said I wash any and all zipline with the exception of alphaline

1 Like

Good to know

This is a well timed coincidence. I’m using a Skyline III on one of my daily yoyos and a P44 on the other. The P44 polyester & nylon, medium thickness, soft texture is about as close to a Skyline as I’ve tried. And I’ve tried a lot. The P44 isn’t quite as smooth as the Skyline, but it’s still soft and the play characteristics are similar. The rayon & polyester is also in the range, but it’s even less smooth.

4 Likes

Excellent. I’ll look at that string tonight and order some. Have 2 people say its good so far.

1 Like

I thought the same thing when I discovered skyline 3. But they last so much longer. I usually buy 9-12 strings every 2-3 months and they last me. I always just reorder when I get to my last 3pack. I can say with certainty that skyline 3 made me better at throwing and I’m not even being dramatic. It’s worth the dollars

4 Likes

Ok i have 6 now will see how long they last. And probably try the p44. Have you tried the slushie strings? Thats the other blend I was curious about but don’t see people talk about its durability.

2 Likes

I believe I’ve tried every Zipline string they’ve had up for sale this year. Slushy are good, but I much prefer Smoothies. They whip and hold their shape better and are softer and thicker. Business Class are a good all-purpose string, ie. Kitty, Sochi, only better in every possible way, but Accel are the perfect all-purpose string. Signature PLUS are thicker and softer than Slushy, and are really good. Prestige are really, really close to Skyline III. And besides all this, keep in mind that color makes a difference, in some cases a big one.

1 Like

So much to learn about string.

And once you have you may as well toss it out the window, because strings are a very personal thing. I actually don’t like the Skyline III except on two specific yoyos. On those two, however, I absolutely love that string, but only in Disco Pink because Whiteout was too slippy and Highlighter was too grabby. For my off-string I like the EP. 20/20 in Betty. For most of my others I prefer either Smoothies in Banana Slam or Accel in Highlighter or Whiteout.

Oh, and if/when they finalize and release CS #122, all bets are off. That, my friend, may be the holy grail of yoyo strings. I ran one for a full month of daily use, at least 30min a day every day, and it played the same until the day I changed it.

2 Likes

My take.

There is no one string that rules them all. If there were, we would not be talking about it. We would all just be throwing it.

I, like Mr. James, have string that is amazing on a couple yoyos, and wothless on others. This can be said for all the different strings I have tried.

Preference, play style, thickness, texture all come into play on each yoyo. Some like standard size string, others Fat and others a medium…

When you find your favorite “Go Too” stock up.

Reminder: Strings in this hobby are consumable products. Change them as needed.

Rant: I dont understand why people will spend good money on a yoyo, then find the “cheapest” string to put on it?

Have fun.

6 Likes

Lol yeah i’m not afraid to spend on string but has to be something special.

I’ve tried them. All of zipline strings are good but skyline 3 is cream of the crop. I also like executive class when I need something slightly thinner and of course they’re Kotn for fixies. Other than those three though, the rest of them aren’t for me. I just really like nylon

1 Like

Seems hard to find nylon strings. Looking at the forums used to be more of them but most don’t seem to exist anymore. Funny coming into this hobby this year seeing all the products that no longer are being made. Or yoyos that look awesome but are impossible to find now.

2 Likes

Yeah the yoyo thing is really hard for me to accept sometimes. Haha.

I know kitty has bulk nylon but I’ve never tried them. I hear people say they like mazaltop bulk wooly nylon but again, haven’t tried it. I found skyline fairly early on and just never felt the need to try anything else.