skipping beginer yos

did any1 else just skip the beginer yoyos except for the dollarstore? I had a dollerstore yoyo worked it for 2 weeks got a DMII and have had it for a month. Soon to get a Dv888.

My first yoyo was a random cheaping looping one so it turned me off yoyoing for a few years.

The best yoyos when I started, where probably not as good as what you are calling beginner yoyos.

Lol, I did start with a beginner yoyo, but it was a few weeks before christmas and I asked for a OD Dingo, so… I practically learned off the Dingo, and I don’t regret a single bit of it.

Because there was not much to pick from when I started, I started off (and learned a lot) on your typical Duncan Imperial. I’m sure there were much higher end yo-yos in 1996 but ordering online was unheard of at the time (for us anyway). I did eventually move onto a Fireball and Saber Fireball and stuff. Honestly, as much as bearings made things easier, I say that everyone should start with a fixed axle, or atleast have a couple in their collection.

I started on a modified imperial ball bearing yo-yo, but once in a while I still use a fixed axle yo-yo to hone my skills. Nothing feels better than landing a trick on a yo-yo you can’t take apart. ;D

When I started there were only fixed axle yoyos.
I’m still not much better than I was then.

Nope Fixed axle Butterfly was my first yoyo :smiley:

Honestly, i fogot what yoyo i first use, i go in and out of yoyo every what you called yoyo boom.
what i can remember, i use a fixed wood axel coca cola yoyo aroud middle school and learn sleeper, rock the baby, aroud the world and around the corner.
high school using a ballbearing yoyo from unknown brand, learn up to elevator and stuff.

Anyway, using a modern yoyo when learning could do harm to the yoyo.
i destroyed some yoyo when learning, but i think its normal.

yeah I havent destroyed 2 dollarstore yoyos… I didint know you had to shorten string!!! well now I do and my DMII thanks me for that

i got a zero then straight into a skychaser ;D

Honestly, I didnt think it was a Great Idea to go from a Dollar Store YoYo, and go Straight to a DMII. Just because of the Money, but if it Costed less, it wouldnt have been a bad idea. Its just kinda strange just having to spend $1, and then having to spend $40.
My Old Girlfriend used to YoYo, and she started out with a YYJ SpeedMaker that I got for her, then just like a month or 2 later she bought herself a Genesis. Thats just a Huge Step for her, so I had to teach her how to Bind. Haha.
I started out with a Duncan Imperial. Then got a Duncan Butterfly a day or 2 later. And then when I went to 5 Below like 2 Months later, I saw some Yomega Power Spin. A couple days later was the 2009 VA States YoYo Contest. By then Iv only been YoYoing for about 3 Months, so like my Best Trick was Dizzy Baby. Anyways, that day I got a Duncan Profly, and a YYF FAST201. then Months later I got a YYJ Speeder Online. About a Month later, I got a SpeedMaker. A Couple days later I got a YYJ Journey. Now I got the Journey in June, and Didnt get a Next YoYo until my Birthday in October. I got some B-Day Money, so I got my First All Metal YoYo the Frantic.
Okay, so I Apoligize it turned into more of a Story. But yeah it took me a Whole Year to evolve up to getting a first Metal. But Im Glad other people can learn faster then me, and are able to get to Metals and Advanced Play very Quickly in YoYoing. :wink:

ive been yoyoing since christmas and i can already do and whut and yuuki slack. I started with a $store for a week and bought myself a DMII. here we are a month and a half after I bought it… Am I the only one who learns this fast? Oh and now I’m about to get my Dv888. not even 2 months since I started Yoyoing :stuck_out_tongue:

Well… I first started when McDonalds gave out yomega fireballs and x-brains with their happy meals. My mom was the manager at the time, so I got all of the yoyos I wanted (from happy meals). When August of 2000 rolled around, I had throwing down, and could do the basics. Then, I just, quit… for 10 years. When I moved to Alaska, I ran into a guy yoyoing at school in 2010. I got to know him, and we became friends. He suggested I get a legacy, which was my first yoyo back from the 10 years.

So… I went from a fireball, and skipped straight to a legacy

I got a Dollar Store yo yo for Christmas too! I broke that right away, so I went to Big 5 and bought a Zombie. Great yo yo!

Thank God for the Dollar Store!