Skills Vs Product

We need some hugs. C’mon. HUG IT UP, PEOPLE!

1 Like

Whoah! Let’s stop the attack type mentality and move on, OK?

I really don’t care who I am angry at on the forum. My mentality is forgive and forget. If someone angered me in the past, whatever it is they did(or I did to cause it), I’m over it, forgotten about and moved on. Well, except for one forum member, and I intend to address that soon(privately) and ensure this goes into the same status of “forgive and forget” or if anything “forget and move on”. And honestly, from that individual, I don’t expect or need an apology for their actions, but I am willing to just say “the past is the past, I’m done with that issue, and let’s move forward as if nothing happened”. This way it takes the apology out of the equation, nobody has to admit anything, we “virtually” shake hands and proceed into the future on friendly terms.

As far as I’m concerned. I don’t know if I walk the walk or talk the talk. Better yet, I don’t care. I probably limp the walk and over-enunciate the talk.

Am I good? Am I awesome? Do I suck? Probably I suck. Do I care? No, because I’m too busy enjoying myself.

I will not defend my position by videoing myself. What I will maintain is that my position as a yoyo player will be grossly devalued by my own choosing and biased observations of my own play. I don’t do this to “amaze” you guys if we ever meet and throw together. You can make your own determinations and say how bad or how good I am, but I constantly maintain a low self-assessment until I get to where I want to be, which is a LONG ways off. Some of you have met me. Fewer have seen me throw, mostly because we meet at contests and I’m busy running sound so I have my hands tied up. I’ve been working HARD for 2 years at this yoyo thing, and I’m in the Advanced 2 general area, but I have skipped a lot of stuff in Advanced 1 and Advanced 2, but I will try to get those down as well. I’m also working on 2A, 4A and 5A, and will be venturing into 3A when I feel the time is right.

Now, I have a bunch of yoyo reviews almost ready to be posted. Perhaps I should shelve these because perhaps clearly, with my sub-par skills, clearly I am unqualified to post a review. If you feel this way, well, then let me say that the odds are great that I’d probably side with your position. Those who feel I should post my reviews, just tell me via PM.

I certainly don’t feel worthy of my position of being made a ForumXpert. It is an honor and I’m proud to have earned it. I just don’t feel that I need a title to do what I do. I enjoy helping others and I’d do things the same regardless of being a ForumXPert.

Since we’re talking skills vs. Product, when I take out my Case of Wonders(as I call it), the effect is the same at small meets I run, YoLex meets and even more amazing, at yoyo contests full of REAL players, people are drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I am debating hiring some security guards! If people were to judge my skill based on what I’ve spent and the yoyos I have, I must be one of the top players in the world. That’s clearly not the case(ahem). I just buy what I like, and fortunately, I’ve been able to afford what I want. I won’t argue that the contents of my cases betray my skill level.

On a side note, I think Andre is planning on buying a new helicopter or private jet to take him and his staff to the various contests, and I think he’s relying on me to continue to buy high-dollar yoyos to make his lease payments and take care of him getting his pilot’s license.

In the meantime, as long as I can and want to, I will continue to buy more yoyo and they will cost whatever they cost(Yeah, I just bought a Sleipnir, and if any of you argue that I’m worthy of such a yoyo based on skill, I’m gonna have to give you a wedgie).

I’m a player worthy of only a Classic with upgrades, yet I have Anglam-priced tastes.

Back to what I addressed at the beginning:
If anyone feels the need to “put me in my place”, please do so, but at least do it politely.

Otherwise, let’s just get along.

I do not at all like the “attack” mentality, either.

But, I totally took the post as “what if he’s just a normal thrower with nothing to prove, like Studio42?” rather than as an attack on YOU, Studio42. It was someone else he was attacking. :wink:

Studio, until the day you trash a Company in the wake of another Company… then I might call you out to “Walk the walk” but you seem to give all yoyo’s a fair chance… and THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKIN ABOUT! :d

You say that a lot lol… but I think you’re looking for a different word most of the time.

As for calling Geez out and not other reviewers? Well for one thing, I’ve read his comments and heard his opinions on American companies (calling a Burnside a Hyundai and a Ogre a Ferrari LOLOL). I just wanted Real Proof of these yoyo’s being better, from the people perpetuating these ideas. Most other reviewers won’t go out of their way to say blast on other companies.

also…I made this thread, a perfect work of irony to speak for me. This thread conveys my point exactly. Proof.

Also, this thread is a way of me saying…

That Burnside is a Hyundai
And your Stealth Ogre is a Ferrari??

Well, here’s some videos of some REAL “Hyundai’s” SWEEEEEEEPING on ALL YOU GOT! (and all I got too) :smiley:

Lastly, might I add… I am VERY glad this discussion has spilled into this thread.
Me and the rest of my colleagues =

alright everybody, back to work… let’s get more videos up!

I know. I agree.

However, in my case, I have nothing I can prove.

A tool in skilled hands can do amazing things.

I did an album using my Mackie 1604VLZ, a lot of MIDI automation and a Tascam 1/2" reel-to-reel 8-track deck(with DX4D encorders), and people thought I was using an SSL console and a Studer 2" machine.

Play what you enjoy and if you can afford it and want it, get it. Screw what anyone else thinks.

almost all 4a yoyoers use cheap yoyos

Considering the amount of abuse a 4A yoyo must take, it’s not surprising that a lot of them are on the price category of “Cheap”. It hurts the bank account less when you break a $22 Fiesta over a much more expensive Delrin.

But, consider how much abuse Delrin can take. My Jest Set’s have been beat to heck and they still look fine.

I agree with Studio42 in that, if you can afford it, then why not? Why drive a Pinto when you can afford a Ferrari – minus some ecentric millionaires. Although if you apply that analogy to yoyos, you could say that some Pintos can drive as well as Ferraris.

To look at it another way, you put a kid behind the wheel of that Ferrari and they won’t go very far. But, the kid sure would love to look at it, sit behind the wheel and dream. And maybe even strive to become a better driver in the future just because of that car! In this analogy, I’m the kid. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve always loved ColeJs Classic video  ::slight_smile:

The new Surge video is cool too  :)    (cant wait have a surge and classic coming in the mail!)

I agree, people should play what they want to play.

A skilled driver behind the wheel of a performance oriented car could probably do some amazing things. (Watch Jeff Gordon’s Pepsi Commercial for some laughs). Which he probably couldn’t do behind the wheel of a Pinto.

However, the analogy doesn’t see eye to eye with yoyo’s. Because a skilled thrower could perform his combos on a “Pinto” OR a “Ferrari” (in a lot of cases). Which is the whole point of this thread :wink:

I often choose a nice plastic yoyo over a fancy metal yoyo. Heck, I got a YYJ Clessiah that I enjoy more than a good bit of my metals, and the Duncan Flipside is really amazing and underrated. Considering all the talk about the new OD and CLYW plastics coming out, the nobody gives that yoyo a chance.

Also, you all should just quit bickering and show some love to your fellow yoyoers.

Uhh what’s a clessiah?

True true, if it wasn’t too late to apologize, I would step up and do so. Instead, I’ll just try to stop bickering… for a couple days atleast :wink: If you see me stepping out of line, please give me the “Leather Glove Slap” haha.

Anyway, More Videos guys!

Trying to dig up the first video I saw of Cizrek yoyo’ing, but he has so many videos

More Jensen with a velocity ;D. I know he’s been mentioned countless time here but this time he competed with a velocity

1 Like

One of the greatest YYJ yoyos, in my opinion.

That YYJ is HOT!

Oh, that is quite a stunner!

Yuki

I hate to put myself in here, but…
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzB7pBPZhmU