Similarities between yoyos

I recently got my hands on a G2 Wolf (which I really enjoy!), and happened to notice the specs and shape are pretty similar to the CLYW Borealis 2, which I do not have.

Borealis: 56.34 mm D x 44.00 mm W, 65.8g

Wolf: 56.00mm D x 44.00 mm W, 66.4g

I was wondering, if someone on here owns both of these, how similarly do they play? What other yoyos do you have that have similar specs/shape, and how different are they really in play?

Disclaimer: I’m not a specs-obsessed guy when it comes to the yoyos I get, nor am I implying that any company is ripping off any other! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Just got curious about these two and it made me start thinking.

1 Like

Two of my first yoyos were the Throwback Skilltoys Arcade and One Drop Intro. Both organic yoyos with super similar specs.

Arcade:
53.85mm D x 41.9mm W, 64.2g

Intro
54.1mm D x 41.4mm W, 66g

Just based on the specs, those look pretty simlar minus the weight difference. In play however, they are incredibly different and not only due to the difference in weight. The arcade has a wider catch zone due to the profile difference, and is more forgiving on the string due to the lower side walls. The Intro has quite high side walls with a minor response bump, and you can really feel those higher side walls in play.

1 Like

Interesting! I have the arcade, it’s probably my favorite among my smaller throws. Definitely a cool little organic.

1 Like

I love mine! Its super fun to play. That yoyo also got me into the V shaped bearing, which is now my favorite centering bearing.

1 Like