Similar playing yoyos

If someone tells you that a yoyo plays like one you already own and like.
Are you more likely to get the yoyo since you know you will like it. Or less likely to get it since you already have one that plays like it.

6 Likes

Depends. I have 2 yo-yos i really love. But i use them quite seldom and only over carpet or grass because i dont wanna ding em. If i could find a yo-yo that plays similar and is cheaper, i would buy it.

In general, i prefer to have a little varyety.

5 Likes

Yeah I think thats how I think as well. If I like a yoyo but its rare/expensive I would buy a cheaper version too :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It depends on how similarly it plays. If it’s almost exactly like the one I already own, and the specs are very similar, I’m not likely to buy it

If there’s something that makes it different, like significantly smaller or larger, significantly different shape or material, or “it plays similarly but with more [attribute of play that I like]”, I’m tempted to get it.

And like y’all have already said, if it’s significantly cheaper, I’m tempted to get it to use as a beater version.

1 Like

Yeah! That makes a lot of sense! If the yoyo plays similar to one I like but has a different size etc Id want it​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Same here! As long as it’s no copy cats, I’m usually hooked.

Wanna have an Example?

MC->MCMO->Batsquatch->Confluence

Parlay->Sudo

Intro->Nitro

Hummingbird → Peregrine

…. I could probably do that dance all night long, baby :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Nice! Different material versions are welcome with me as well! Love me the b7 and the grail! :sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I used to think yes I’ll definitely get both… Until recently I received my Radius 7075, Radius 6061 & Edolass.

The Radius 7075 & Radius 6061 plays quite similar to me, although the 7075 feels a bit more nimble & powerful.
The Edolass plays a lot alike to the YYF Peregrine (or I should say it in the reverse way). The material difference gave them some unique characteristics, but eventually they are just feel like a sibling.

Now I regret getting the Radius 6061 & Edolass.

So I guess for now my answer would be no, one of them is enough…

1 Like