Silly reason you have not bought a Shutter

I see a lot of political reasoning speculated on why @Gentry_Stein change the trick name. But the real reason he changed the name is that he is after one of those elusive Nike / Jumpman Air Jordan contracts, Gentry is about YoYo Sport and the World Champ needs endorsements. I still think he needs to hit up Johnson and Johnson and get that Head and Shoulders deal with that hair though.

14 Likes

Not to mention, he has the jumpman colorway shutter on his website

5 Likes

Or just star in the remake of the original Karate Kid!

6 Likes

No reason.

Shutter gang. It’s a very good yoyo and Gentry is also cool and worth to support.

14 Likes

I got a Shutter in a trade a while back, pretty darn good mono. I agree the engraving is a little hokey but to be fair, I didn’t make the camera connection right away.

Now the Butter is next level IMO, one of the few throws that I have multiples of for playing purposes.

On the subject of the trick renaming, I imagine the trademark on that name probably expired after 20 years so he is free to do whatever.

2 Likes

As for why I have not bought a shutter, I cannot decide which one. I thought about getting the bi-metal because so many people praise it, but I also worry about the posts I have read about how easily it is damaged. Wide angle is tempting, but should I get a wide angle before I have a regular? I need simpler choices. … … … I’m easily confused. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I’m probably gonna go with the Wide Angle as I have a Shu-ta.

1 Like

I like The American more than my Shutter which I rarely pick up. The American has a bit of a Shutter feel but is more exciting. The American is supposed to be the missing link between Gentry’s Super G and Shutter.

9 Likes

Agreed that the American is a way better rendition of a shutter. Way more stable, more forgiving. I can see that the shutter would be great for speed and tech but it’s so unstable–gets thrown off-plane in the middle of a combo way easier. and it always missed binds for me.

3 Likes

In MY hands I find it preferable to the Shutter but I ain’t Gentry who designed the Shutter and won stuff using it. Maybe the missed binds you’re getting with it could be the string. I dunno.

2 Likes

Every time I look at buying a Shutter, I remember they still sell Horizons.

5 Likes

I can’t stand either of them.

1 Like

The Shutter just never did it for me. I don’t think it’s a bad throw or anything. And its popularity surely shows that it isn’t. But for whatever reason, I was always kinda “meh” on it.

I did at one point have the coolest looking version of the Shutter ever made, the Jason Lee edition.

9 Likes

I’ve never bought a shutter cause all the ones I owned were trades. :fire:

3 Likes

Because I have enough yoyos… :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I just keep on Shuttering… WA Galaxy on the way!

Silly you have a reason not to get one!

2 Likes

What? This comment makes no sense at all! :grin:

2 Likes

Well after all, the title is “Silly reason you have not bought a Shutter”

4 Likes