Side effects for Cascade?

Hey, I have a GZR Cascade with the stock dome side effects, but I want to get some more and was wondering what you guys put in your Cascades (or GZR, if you have one). Right now the dome side effects seem heavy enough, so I was looking for something a little lighter. Are the ultra-lights the way to go, or mini-discs (are they lighter??), or anything else? Suggestions appreciated.

Mini Disks are heavier…  I go with the Ultra Lights and it plays like a dream (for me)

http://www.onedropyoyos.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5488

They also look great too!!!

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more!  Ultralights are great Side Effects to have no matter the yoyo you plan on putting them into.  I find that both of my CODE1s, CODE2, Dietz, DANG, and 54 all see play with Ultralights in every now and then.  Taking a yoyo from upwards of 70g down to around 62g changes the play completely and can be a whole ton of fun.

1 Like

I havent tried the gzr yet but I would imagine that the ultralight would be pretty nice. I like mixing it up on my cascade. Sometimes I like the domes and other times ill bring out the disks for that super solid feel.

Thanks for your input guys! I guess I’m going with the ultralights for my Cascade. Now if only I could get some stunt pegs or lego side effects to go with them…